1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luol Deng: Bulls can lose young star

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...F?slug=aw-dengbulls072108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Now there's a player who'd sure look nice as a Rocket.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to see him remaining in the Eastern Conference rather than ending up in the Western Conference against us.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

i know **** jokes can be funny -

but why would I want to laugh out loud at Dang?

or Luol Deng for that matter?

5. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

i would love to see him wearing rockets red in 09

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Wait. Are you Laughing out loud, Dang! Or was that your attempt of spelling Luol Deng?

I wouldn't mind seeing him with the Rockets.

7. Breaker

Breaker Member

Lol Dang....

Asian?

8. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Lol...nice pun.

He doesn't have a 3-point shot, and shoots a flat-footed 2 point jumper, but he's pretty accurate with that. Nice slasher too.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team. Him and Travis Outlaw have pretty similar games, though I think Outlaw might be a better fit overall because of his steadier 3-point stroke.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He made a bad decision to turn down 5yrs/$57.5MM last summer.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course, I know it's Luol Deng.... but if the Bulls and him don't reach an agreement...then it's definitely an "Lol, Dang!" situation.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Why? He's not a good outside shooter so as a perimeter player he wouldn't fit well with our team as currently constructed. I guess if it was a sign and trade for Tmac but i don't know how much better that would make us.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It'd be great if Chicago signed him to a deal and then were forced to trade away Gordon for "scraps". They should do that frankly. Since 1 of Gordon, Hinrich, Rose will eventually have to go, and it isn't Rose. They probably want to move Hinrich, but with Gordon a RFA it may be easier to move him.

Then I'd offer something like Bobby Jackson, Luther Head ($8.9 million) plus filler and draft picks as necessary to try and get a signed Ben Gordon.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Let's see: he's a young, talented wing who is athletic, can defend, and plays very well off the ball -- either in half court or transition. I'm not worried about the lack of range shooting. He's a solid mid-range shooter and free throw shooter, so he can develop that outside shot if in a situation where he'll get a bunch of open looks (which hasn't been the case in Chicago).

And I'm not saying it would be good as a trade for T-Mac. If we can get him next summer to play alongside Yao and T-Mac, that would be excellent.

14. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Very nice, but it's a longshot.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

My take is that ANY good player would help, obviously. I just don't think he's a great fit. Meaning, there are probably players of lesser talent who are easier to get that will fit better with our team. I don't think the bulls would let Deng go for anyone on our team that isn't named Tmac/Yao. You know what i mean? I would like to have Dwight Howard too but he isn't the best fit for our squad. There are guys who have less talent and are easier to get that will have a similar impact.