1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] How Golden State gets so wide open

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2016.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

How he seems to take extra steps.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Clutch Fans pushed the button[​IMG]

3. Aydge

Aydge Member

Does anybody know how many illegal screens have been called this series?

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Let's give them that. Houston and Harden found a loophole and it needs to be closed at once. While we're at it, why don't we amend the Hack-a-Shaq loophole. Oh wait, now that shoe doesn't fit so nicely on the other foot does it Warriors?

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

No he's complaining about the late gather he is a master at.

The late gather is a technique used to appear to almost gain three steps instead of two without traveling. Most euro steps and such are late gathers.

Harden is elite at it along with manu and Wade.

Sure it's a loophole per se but it isn't illegal which a moving screen is.

Draymond is a turd.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Draymond has a right to be upset. What Harden and the rockets are doing is wrong. The warriors prove one thing: why find loopholes when you can just outright cheat with illegal screens, arm bar holds, and takedowns? Silly Rockets, stop playing within the rules.

2 people like this.
  7. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Current coach probably isn't even aware it's illegal... I'm amazed he never argued that call against Capela when Capela set a textbook screen.

8. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I was in 106 last night. Was great atmosphere.

See you Sunday at the TC

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

It's just like watching George Karl and Seattle run the, at the time, illegal zone defense throughout a whole game. Yeah, maybe on the more blatant times they got called, but because it goes on the entire game, the refs seem to allow it just to keep the game moving, and so they are basically allowed to play outside the rules that everyone is trying to follow for the most part.

That and Bogut is just a lame cheat. He should get called for about 12 fouls a game.

Problem is, when you let a team blow you up like that, no one is going to listen to your complaints... you weren't good enough regardless. Sad part of that is, their runs always seem to coincide with and immediately follow them getting over one way or another.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

this is why it's good i'm not a coach. i would do something crazy in situations like these. like basically just throw game 1 and have my team get 10+ technicals complaining about every illegal screen and then ranting about it in the postgame interview. or i'd have my team set an illegal screen on every possession and keep doing it until every player fouled out and they were having to call technicals on fouls because we'd only have 4 players left if the next guy fouled out. the game would take 5 hours and we'd lose 250-30 but certainly no one would be able to avoid talking about illegal screens.

but like i said, it's good i'm not a coach.

11. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

This is exactly what a coach should do but even if they had the heart to do this, they won't risk being blackballed by the league for showing them up. I like the way you think though.

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed that. Yes the warriors have two of the best shooters in the NBA and probably the best shooter of all time. The reason why they are so deadly is because of those illegal screens.

I noticed every warriors game that as great of a shooter curry & Klay is, they are way too wide open when shooting threes. Any player that's guarding Curry, will get knocked off balance and curry ends up with a wide open three. When you're the best shooter in the league and you're getting wide open shots, it's easy to look that great.

To me, I think the NBA is trying so hard to build the Warriors and Curry up. They want to make it seem like Curry is better than Jordan.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares now....lol

DD

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Droppin' dimes, droppin' dimes. <a href="https://t.co/H6XQxsi6zD">https://t.co/H6XQxsi6zD</a></p>&mdash; NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/725517176027795457">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fans of professional basketball. But otherwise, yeah, meh.

16. WestendMassive

They are jackasses but man do those dudes know how to play basketball together. Those two touch passes by Bogut and then Draymond were beautiful.

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

clearly the Refs and NBA made that happen.

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

How long is this going to be a sticky?

19. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Apparently nobody outside of Houston cares.