1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: "Rockets 7th or 8th seed at best"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCHAMP, Oct 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Barkley criticizing the rockets is definitely not out of the ordinary, but rockets 7th or 8th seed at best in the west? Thats a little extreme :rolleyes:

2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

he said this in the postgame show

3. Raven

Raven Member

Difference between 5-8 might be less than five games. Whatever.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

5. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

For what ever reason so called experts across the league think Dallas & Golden State will jump the Rockets in playoff seeding. I don't see it I actually see the Rockets as a 3-5 seed in the West.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

3rd???

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kevin Durant : DND - Foot

8. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Well this coming from barkley doesnt surprise me. What surprised me is that kenny smith kept on talking about Houston missing 3 starters which is not true obviously. These guys are puppets and they only repeat what they hear. They dont do any reporting for themselves so they are usually misinformed.

Its all about entertainment anyway. Thats why they have clowns up there like shaq and charles. If they wanted real insight, you would see guys like david aldridge or jvg up there. You see how shaq has no clue when he speaks but he gets up there and acts like an 8th-grader and he gets laughs. They dont care about insight at all. Again, i thought kenny was above some of that but it looks like he doesnt do any homework either. :cool:

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think we could surprise some people, but I don't see us contending.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Over the years, Kenny Smith has proven to be a certifiable moron.

According to this genius' math we lost 3 starters. Nevermind that Ariza has shown that he is more than a capable replacement and one could argue, an improvement due to him being a terrific defender. Nevermind also that Lin was a backup with us last year. Nevermind that Asik was MIA most of last season, and one of the sources of our chemistry problems, the other being the aforementioned Parsons (he has developed quite an ego).

If you listen to Kenny Smith long enough, you are guaranteed to harm your own IQ.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Another year, another thread complaining that barkley doesn't think we are contenders.mone of these days clutchfans will actually be right.

12. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Was thinking the exact same thing as Kenny was waxing poetic last night. If Ariza gives the Rox a similar statline to last night as an average he is a massive upgrade on Parsons for the defensive differences alone. Asik was a complete waste of space for the bulk of the regular season and only became a real contributor in the playoffs, and after watching Lin's turnovers and over all anemic performance last night against us, who is Smith trying to fool other than himself ?

All that said, Bev was a bit underwhelming from an offensive standpoint last night and which TJ shows and how does he play against the better stronger PF's in the league (I fear it's not going to be good enough to make us a contender unfortunately). Also, the bench is really a mystery that will slowly reveal itself as the season unfolds. I think there is definitely a lack of over all depth, but we shall see.

I think Charles is off a bit in his assessment, however, as someone above said there may be 5-8 games separating seeds 3-8 in the West.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If they're wrong again they'll just blame McHale for the team not matching their unrealistic expectations. Same thing every year.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I disagree with the "at best" part. At best, the Rockets are probably right around where they were a year ago. Competing for home court in Round 1. But it's not insane to think they may finish in 7th or 8th place. In the Western Conference, that probably means you're a 50-win team. Would anybody be shocked to see them lose a few more games than last season given the (currently)weaker bench and loss of Parsons' playmaking abilities?

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Unless there are major injuries to the:

-Clippers
    -Spurs
    -OKC (Durant doesn't come back early enough)

these guys will be battling it out for 4 - 8

-GS
    -Portland
    -Dallas
    -Hou
    -Mem
    -Phoenix
    -New Orleans
    -Denver

Houston finishing 6 to 8th seed isn't really that outlandish of a statement. They really don't have the depth and role player talent that GS, Portland, and really New Orleans & Dallas have.

The big question for this team is what happens if Dwight or Harden miss any time at all.

If the Rockets finish the season with THIS SQUAD and end up with the 6th seed, it will be a pretty mighty feat to accomplish this year and something to be proud of. I think they can do it, and possibly overachieve with a little luck. However I'm realistic that as their roster is currently built, they really don't have enough proven talent/depth to put up towards the top of the West rankings in October.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Well, 1 game down and 81 left to go... Way to early to be predicting seeding but the Rockets finishing in the top 4 isn't outlandish...

On another note: Barkley is a idiot and he sounds like has a mouth full of biscuits when he talks. Why in da heck when he speaks people start threads... Lol.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pretty much all the national guys are saying we will be 7th or 8th seed.

18. wise_man

wise_man Member

I have said this b4 and I will say it again. Morey needs to work his magic and get rondo. Without another elite playmaker on our team we will not go anywhere. Hardeen cant create plays for everyone all the time and keep scoring points aswell and this is exactly where we are gonna miss parsons. We saw how stagnant our offense was in the third quarter last night afainst the lakers when Beverly tried to run it. On the other note it made me so happy to see parsons suck last night and im just glad lin doesn't play for us any more. Go red nation and lets ho rockets......got my tickets to the game opener. Come on clutch fans lets go the the games and support our team.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't care - let them play the games and see where the Rox land.

They could be a lot better than the pundits think.

DD

1 person likes this.
  20. Ashes

Ashes Member

I don't get what was wrong with what Kenny said. He wasn't saying we literally lost three starters, he was saying we lost three starter-caliber players. Are those three guys not starting on their new teams? Who cares if we found some replacements that wasn't his point. He was basically saying damn the Rockets lost some good players.