1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I respect your blind persistence.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Plowman when is the next deadline? Soon?

4. thejav

thejav Member

Thank god we didnt sign any of these scrubs..

5. Zbed

Zbed Member

HTML:
    https://twitter.com/aqs18/status/528400470361272320
    I know this is irrelevant but I lol at this dudes tweets

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lmao, pathetic.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We WILL have our point guard! #soon

8. King901

King901 Member

Where they at though

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Welp, so much for that theory.

Soon.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So when the going gets tough the fraud "insiders" disappear.

I'd like them to come out and tell us when is the next deadline?

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Obviously they will say the Rubio extension screwed things up. next deadline will be sometime after December 15th and then it will shift to February then it will shift to summer

12. King901

King901 Member

That new starter PG and PF upgrade though. Next we will hear some bull about rondo being the target since the beginning.

13. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Dragic to bledsoe to rubio to rondo to be continued...

14. basketballholic

Flip was willing to pay Bledsoe a max deal and do a sign-and-trade for him. That tells you he likes Bledsoe better than Rubio. PHX has 4 point guards and 3 of them they are going to have to pay big time next season. Goran is going to get offered a max deal starting at somewhere around $18-19 million. They don't have minutes for 4 point guards. So, something could still happen. I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm not saying it's close. I'm saying the possibility still exists and really the odds are pretty good that something shakes out in PHX regarding their point guards.

Rubio is showing a tremendous amount of loyalty to Minnesota by going in on this extension and not forcing his way out at this time. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic develops back with the front office. Will they value him a lot more now that they have him on a mediocre contract instead of a max deal or Rubio playing without an extension and looking for a big fight for a huge max deal? Rubio is the one that gave here. Fegans didn't give. And Minny didn't give very much. Fegans would have forced Rubio out in a trade to another team that would offer up the 5-year max.

The possibility does remain that Glen moves Rubio.

However, as I said the last couple days, I think the odds are greater that we acquire Rondo now that the extension deadline has passed and Rubio did sign an extension and wasn't traded. I probably won't be discussing Rubio for a while since I feel the window of opportunity to acquire him has passed for now. But there may be another window of opportunity open for acquiring Rubio if things go sour in Minny between him and Flip. We'll just have to watch how that works out.

Turning to Rondo....if we acquire Rondo that pretty much ends our opportunity to acquire a second premier big in 2015 or Kevin Durant in 2016 by outright signing. Unless Rondo willingly signs a short term deal for below market value...which most likely isn't happening. I still consider that Rubio on his contract is much better value for a team like ours that is still building out than Rondo at his max is but alas Rubio probably isn't available while Rondo is.

Personally, at this point, I'd like to wait and see what the fall-out in PHX becomes. I'd also like to see Morey investigate making a trade for another young big man that could be a premier player. Maybe even Vucevic who is already signed to an extension. I love Rondo but I have a difficult time committing all the cap to him, Harden, Dwight, and Ariza and then putting pieces around that. I'd rather have a premier big like Marc Gasol or even Kevin Durant (7 footer basically) and then get a very good point guard to stir the soup with Harden, Dwight, and that third guy.

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

You'd like to see Morey 'investigate' making a trade for Vucevic?

Why? So Orlando can laugh in his face?

He won't be offering Harden or Dwight, so what would be the point?

It's hilarious how much posters continue to overvalue our young players and Pellie's pick. Even after all of Morey's fruitless efforts to flip them this offseason for significant PG/PF upgrades.

Nothing of great significance is going to happen until Jones, DMo, Canaan, and K-Pap build up their trade value AND New Orleans suffers setbacks before the trade deadline. I'd add Capela but he's d-league material at this point.

Bottom line: the sooner we all realize this, the sooner we can get back to realistic discussions about future roster moves.

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

The question is….what could Morey of gotten for:

Parsons, Asik, and (possibly) Lin as a package deal. K-Love? ???

That's what hurts the most, as things ended out, we probably could've had him or a Bledsoe/Dragic from PHX for the package. Instead we got a low-round 1st (prob) and paid the Lakers to take Lin from our hands.

17. basketballholic

This is a realistic discussion about a future roster move. I mentioned Vucevic because I'm wondering if Orlando would take the Pels pick and a contract or two for him at some point in the future. Doesn't seem like they're that high on him.

I'm also wondering about Kanter in Utah. The more I see the more I think he's probably gone. Can't see them paying him in restricted free agency. And he's got the offensive talent to be a difference maker and could be a decent reserve center in the role we want Donuts to fulfill but so far he hasn't lived up to the billing. He may be on the market and getting cheaper as we move towards the deadline.

Another young big I'd still like to see if they become available is Cody Zeller. He's a legit 7 footer with athleticism, can already play defense in the paint and the rim and he's got the drive and talent to be a good offensive PF/C.

We've got 2 spots we obviously need to improve upon. Everybody knows it. There's no trades that I see at PG that are a substantial upgrade from the Bev/Canaan combination unless you move up to elite class such as Rondo, or perhaps Dragic/Bledsoe or a guy like Ty Lawson. Guys like George Hill and Jeff Teague, etc...those are mid-tier guys that are just going to clog the cap without moving the needle. We're better off giving Canaan major minutes and watching his trade value go through the roof as he piles up numbers.

18. kemah

kemah Member

lol

You have been wrong always since I been here and I am positive you are wrong here. Morey will not lock the cap over a PG.

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity, what evidence do you have of Hennigan not being 'that high on him'?

20. basketballholic

His contract.

What evidence do you have that Hennigan is high on him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.