1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Warriors' Klay Thompson looking for a max extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jul 20, 2014.

1. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Curry, Thompson, Iguodala and Lee are all star calibur and Bogut is a dominant defensive center. I don't think there are too many teams in the league with this much talent. Not to mention, Thompson, Iguodala, and Bogut make them a very formidable defense which make them a scary playoff team this year.

2. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

I say Klay Thompson is worth the Max Contract he is asking for. Great shooter above average defender. I am more inclined to give it to him than the other guys who "Say" they are worth the max. Thompson > Igoudala > Parsons > Ariza. But time will tell. Go Rockets

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sorry, but not many people will agree on your hierarchy there.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he's not worth a max, but think about it. some other team will throw him the max. you cant just go and find another klay thompson. when u find a player like that you lock him up with a contract or try to trade him.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that team...should be better than what it was (thompson, iggy, bogut, lee is about as good a supporting cast as any player has), i'm not sure about this iggy as a 6th man thing though. People seem to be blaming mark jackson for everything too, but i suppose it can't be the players fault in golden state, way too darling.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That's is a pretty fragile core to go all in with.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That's what I'm thinking too. And im just not as high on Thompson as others seem to be. Should have traded for Love when they had the chance.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Mat Maloney contract was't bad, it was a head of time <:

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He is one of those people only look at points per game to tell who is a better player. If you look at the entire stat line and consider defense Ariza is better, also consistency should be a factor.

10. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Way overpaid

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If you're a shooting guard and getting paid more than James Harden, the consensus best shooting guard in the league, you're overpaid. Love Klay's game but 17.5million/year is too much.

Warriors went all it. The thing is, they aren't clear cut favorites to win the West, much less a championship. Substitute Love and Martin or Brewer in for Klay and Lee (if the Love to GSW rumor was true) then I think they are a favorite to win the West, but still not championship favorites.

They are one Curry ankle or Bogut whatever away from being a lottery team.

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Eh Love is too soft defensively. Not the type of player worth building a team around.

The Splash Brothers work well. I think they made the right decision.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can you be underpaid at $11M per season? Steph Curry is averaging 27.7 points, 7.2 assists, 6.3 rebounds and 3.5 steals for the 5-1 Dubs</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/531681780320182272">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>GSWs already know they'll have to max Steph Curry out in the summer of 2017. In the meantime, they'll enjoy the best bargain in basketball</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/531682377584889856">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Curry looking to get the same exact max money like Klay or is he worth more?

14. NotChandlerParsons

Uhh Curry is definitely worth more than Klay Thompson, however much that is.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Curry will get whatever the 5-year max is in 2017, which will be WAY more than Klay's contract. Maybe something like 5yrs/$140MM, or more.

I like Curry a lot, but it's a long season. We'll see if 28/7/6 holds up.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

* Fixed *

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I legit think morey would give him the max if he struck out on other big names