1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Selig

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Dec 19, 2014.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

...to get $6 mil per in retirement.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

You mean the guy who moved us to the AL west? The guy who made us play our home game against the Cubs in Milwaukee? The guy who told Drayton to close the roof in the WS against the White Sox? That Guy? He deserves every dollar. :)

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Made them open the roof... which was odd since the precedent had already been set by Toronto in the 90's and Arizona in 2001 to have retractable roofs closed during the World Series to provide ideal conditions.

4. Buck Turgidson

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Will the Astros get to move back to the National league after Selig is gone?

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

M*********er

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

You're right, open. The stros wanted it closed because of the crowd noise, so much for home field advantage. Drayton should have grew a pair and told Selig to suck it!

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't think I've ever hated a sports figure more than I hate Bud Selig. Not Johnny Manziel, not Karl Malone, not even Derek Fisher.

Seriously, f**k him

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

What could Selig have legit done if Drayton did not open it? I really hate that guy like everyone else for that. Home field advantage gone... The Cubs game in Milwaukee too. Arlington was open and sunny that day.

10. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

Just came here to say F Selig

11. conquistador#11

all guys who go by bud are d bags, including the guy who rode mechanical bulls in pasadena. no offense to buds.

i really hate selig with a passion though, like an obsessed troll in the forums.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nothing, but it wouldn't have been the first time that Drayton made concessions to Selig to the detriment of his own team.

I believe the grievance began during the NLCS, when there were some pretty nice days that the roof was closed, clearly to gain an advantage.

I don't even think the Astros tried to hide that... and that irked LaRussa/Cardinals and eventually likely found its way to Selig.

The ironic thing is that by the time they were forced to open it, the outdoor conditions actually warranted the roof to be closed (upper 40's with wind during the really long game 3).

13. vince

vince Member

Dayton was rewarded handsomly by Selig. Dayton has a knack for surrounding himself with the powerful people. when he saw Selig was talking about retirement, he started to look for a buyer.

with the knowledge that the Comcast channel was going to have an uphill battle, he sold the team and network at retail price. a network that was worthless.

by MLB making Crane go through hoops, maybe he wasn't as diligent. But no way was Selig going to mess this up for loyal Dayton.

Crane took a 200-250 million hit because of CSN Houston off the bat. then he took another hit looking out on his fees on showing the game.

Dayton and Selig must have know the huge gamble the network was. Especially when the best defense of the network was that Dish/Direct TV/At&t did not respect Houston enough to Gouge Historians for exhorboran fees. I want my CSN campaign was a joke. increase the cable bill for everyone in the region so that we aren't discriminated against.

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most corrupt commish in the history of sports can suck my little Caucasian nuts!

15. Nook

Nook Member

&$@?$&$ %#^>€# Selig!

16. vince

vince Member

oh and I meant Drayton... darn auto correct...... argggg.

17. msn

msn Member

Check the sig.

Selig sucks.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

F*** you, Selig.

19. msn

msn Member

Thread title: Selig

/thread

20. joeson332