1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. ptR91

ptR91 Member

just what i was about to say.

seeing him run "full speed" on a play, was hilarious, he soooo slow lol

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"Oh so you guys actually wanted MORE turnovers and a couple airballs mixed in? Got it." - Jeremy Lin watching tonight's Knicks game</p>&mdash; Coach D'Antoni (@Coach_D_Antoni) <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_D_Antoni/status/273264465691152385" data-datetime="2012-11-27T03:18:20+00:00">November 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This fake D'Antoni twitter is pretty funny,

3. Lihao

Lihao Member

lol Woodson , 42min for fat Felton sucking out there while 11min for his back up Prigioni , racism ? :grin:

4. Raven

Raven Member

I don't trust the league when it comes to the Lakers or Knicks. No matter how one sided, any deal that improves the "Lake Show" should be seen as having legs. Sad but true.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

wat u think?

6. Lihao

Lihao Member

i don't know, you should ask those racism expert in the other thread there ,i'm sure they willing to help you :cool:

7. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, the tragic part is that he thinks the problem was his shooting.

The problem with Felton's play is NOT that he shot badly, but that he KEPT on shooting even after shooting badly all night. Not only did he keep shooting, he kept taking BAD shots.... contested shots, early clock shots, long 3's and forced jumpers.

Smart PG's are supposed to know when they're shooting poorly... and then Adjust.

Felton should have been more selective... either by passing the ball more (he opted to NOT pass to open players like Chandler multiple times), or he should have stopped taking long jumpers and instead looked more for short range jumpers and layups.

I've had a sneaking suspicion for some time that Felton's outsized numbers were more a result of Jason Kidd's playmaking than Felton suddenly becoming a better PG overnight... while it's too early to say for sure, his performance against the Nets (an inferior interior defensive team) sure doesn't argue well for the sustainability of high level performance.

Still, we need to always remember... SAMPLE SIZE.

Lots of basketball to go... then we'll have a better idea of how good/bad Felton will be this season.

8. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Lopez had 4 fouls. Why didn't he take it to the hoop?

9. rokit

rokit Member

exactly, and he's always been like that.

he had 5 fouls

10. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

From the NY Post by Fred Kerber: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_felton_upset_with_himself_V59Ew48mOtT5i6QfrHhnbJ#axzz2DRMsVLzu

Jason Kidd was not in the building. The cynic might say the same of the Knicks' Raymond Felton in the historic meeting with the Nets in Brooklyn Tuesday.

With the Nets' Deron Williams showing the joint how to play the point guard position by racking up 14 assists – the same total as the entire Knicks team – Felton put on a horrid shooting show, missing 16 of 19 shots. In the fourth quarter, when the overtime affair was there for the taking, Felton went 1-of-8.

Suddenly,. Jeremy Lin didn’t look so terrible.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

ugh thats a pretty brutal line. Very Mobleyesque

12. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

There is one thing that Felton can never do as well as Lin. Be Chinese. If you doubt that Alexander has Lin as a Yao-like cash cow, just look at the advertising at the arena and the ethnicity of his two arena personalities.

Can't blame Leslie for getting his. More power to him. The NBA has to be loving this as well. As long as Lin can carry his weight and not hold the team back too much, he is the starter. Sorry Raymond. No one said that life is fair.

13. joepu

joepu Member

I wonder what's worse the target on Lin's back or the target on Felton's back for not being Lin. :grin:

14. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I wish they would move on from Lin. I don't have anything against Felton, but think he's just an average PG that don't seem to have much upside anymore.

15. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Felton is better than Lin
    Lin- top 5 worst starting point guards in the league, and perhaps the worst starter on this team based on consistency.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Felton reminds me of Mike James.

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Must be based on his FG% for 13 games right?

18. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Whatever. If Lin was on the Knicks he would be doing a lot better there than here because he would have the ball in his hands just like Felton. Lin can create open shots for his team mates and there are good shooters and finishers on the Knicks' team. Just like Lin did last year. Lin still has a lot more upside. Knicks just screw themselves signing an average PG for the next 3-4 years. Doubt any team would want to trade for Felton.

Lin still gets a lot of assists on this team, even though he barely handles the ball.

19. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Iman Shumpert had a great line when large media contingent entered Knicks locker room last nite. "Did Jeremy Lin sign back?" Shumpert said.</p>&mdash; Al Iannazzone (@Al_Iannazzone) <a href="https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/status/273467067238342656" data-datetime="2012-11-27T16:43:24+00:00">November 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    :grin:

I still love Shump (I hope I can say that here, even tho he's a Knick, as this thread seems pretty full of Knicks stuff....)

20. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Heard there were like 100 media people which is crazy. Just shows how big a market NY is.