1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Keep the Xbox One and PS4 threads for information beneficial to each camp.

To Start.....PS4 Sucks.......Xbox One rules! :rolleyes:;)

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Gaming PC >>>> all that weak sauce stuff :grin:

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obviously Sega Genesis FTW

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Ugh. Console wars. :rolleyes: I'm gonna need everyone who posts in this thread to give their lunch money.

1 person likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Once you start adding gimmicks like Microsoft, you've already lost the battle. Wii with its motion controllers for example. Nintendo is so dead now, they would release handheld device and "upgrade" it over ten times that it was just a waste buying it.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wii U shouldn't even be in the next gen conversation.

Wii U might not even stack up to PS3/X360 standards.

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I asked the gamers on GAF on their thoughts about Kinect 2.0 and it's split. Half of them prefer it being optional and the other half love it. Seems like the people that think it's important, use it primarily for the voice controls.

My question is, if MS starts losing market share in the territories their dominant in, wouldn't it be smarter to sell the Xbone w/o the Kinect at a lower price?

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Some things to discuss if people actually want to:

* Sales. Both consoles are pretty much supply constrained, though they are getting easier and easier to find over time. Some data from November NPD:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733905
    I can dig up some other data if people want to continue with that. We don't get a lot of US numbers (next batch won't be for another couple of weeks IIRC), but we have a few numbers from Europe and elsewhere (kind of one-sided though).

* PS4's better tech vs XBO's power of the cloud. Besides the raw numbers, we also have some examples from launch games.

* Kinect - Should it stay or should it go?

* Upcoming PS4 games vs upcoming XBO games:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
    Some might say this is subjective, but there is such thing as a "best" game lineup. We can judge this based on frames per second, resolution, gunplay, and number of dungeons. Factually, there is a "right" choice, and nothing is worse than someone picking the wrong one and actually...enjoying it.

* Does anyone care about the Vita and Wii U (just kidding...sort of)?

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Fanboy wars are pathetic, I don't see how people get so caught up over a piece of plastic.

With that said, as i have said in other threads, I am returning my PS4 and getting an xbox one since the PS4 doesn't have any games I'm interested in now, or in the near future.

Can't wait for TitanFall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo 5.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

my ****ty ass PC

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

With Wind Waker HD and New Super Mario World, I'm definitely interested in Wii U. Might consider it when it is under $200

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Sony fan boys seem to be VERY AWARE of sales figures because it took the PS3 7 years to catch the Xbox 360....even though it was outsold by good margin in North America. The only reason the PS3 caught the Xbox 360 was it being bundle as a Blu-ray player with TVs or being rated as a very good Blu-ray player. My in-laws bought a Sony TV and they thru in a PS3 for the helluva it.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why anyone would buy a launch version of the X-Box baffles me -- what was the failure rate of the 360 like 80%? Mine only lasted 2 months before crapping out. I'd consider buying one when their 'slim' version or whatever comes out and they've made improvements to the system. I'm not buying a Ps4 either for a few years, but if I had to choose it would be the PS. I have my PS1, 2, and 3 all working perfectly.

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I want to see if any of you gamers can top my NBA2k record I just set against the cpu.
    [​IMG]

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My console is better than your console. Notice how I didn't mention which console. I just know that mine is special. And, your console is not. So, go count your shaders and gigaflop off while you choke on your resolution.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because MS has learned from it's mistakes. Wanna know why the XB1 is so big? COOLING....lol. I'm sure eventually their will be a "slim" version.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They really didn't need to put a refrigerator in the thing, but the little mini-fridge for a few beers is handy.

19. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think there will be enough exclusives in the future to justify owning both but that probably won't be until halo and uncharted come out. Of course if titanfall lives up to the hype then it may already be time for ps4 owners.

I had both last gen consoles and probably played more ps3 but solely because of MLB the show. Second most played game was Probably Halo 4. There's no way I'd say one console was better than the other then and I think that's same thing that'll happen this gen.