1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Flop or not to Flop, that is the question...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Feb 7, 2012.

Tags:
?

To Flop or not to Flop, that's the question...

1. To Flop

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Not to Flop

59 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In tonight's game we saw some fine examples of players doing the Euro Flop, ie: acting as if they have been shot even from the slightest, or even no of contact with the opposition to milk a foul.

People are getting on Lowry's case for two 'flops' vs Denver, but is this because the refs are not calling blatant fouls against our Rockets?

Are the zebras no longer calling fouls unless you
    A) are a star / face of the NBA?
    B) playing the Rockets?
    or
    C) Flopping?

The question now is, to Flop or not to Flop?

Do we keep our 'integrity' at the cost of a game or two due to missed opportunities at the line,
    Or
    Do we get what we can, when we can, even if it means going the Flop.

BTW: My wife who is no expert on Basketball said tonight that 'Scola is always throwing himself around and to the ground'
    I told her it's called Flopping.
    She then said 'Well Luis is a Flopper'

Y'all might not like seeing it but when it gives us 2 points at the line...;)

Question 2: list in order your top 5 Floppers

2. ILoveTheRockets

1. Dylon
    2. Dylon
    3.Dylon
    4. Dylon
    5. Dylon

1 person likes this.
  3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lowry is now on CP3's level when it comes to flopping. One of many first steps to becoming a superstar :grin:

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Refs give you no love? Time to to up our ranking even more in the flop department. They are willing to change rules to take away the Rockets free throws and artifically make then last in a skill they normally would not be ranking last in? The Rockets have every right to find a way to exploit a new way to find freethrows.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

as long as it does not get too ugly.... thinking of the Ghost flop......

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It sucks but look we are last in the league free throw attempts, behind even jump shooting happy teams like the Raptors or the Suns. We got to constantly work hard for them and this is the result.

8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Rockets do not have a choice, no one on the team gets superstar calls. We don't have too many players who drive to the basket to draw fouls either.

9. houseofglass21

It's not like other teams are going to stop flopping so I say Flop On Rockets! That flop by Lowry during the 4th quarter of the Nuggets game when he ran under the basket and just flailed his arms and screamed and got a foul call was great.

10. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You talking about the push from Harrington when they were going for the rebound?

11. houseofglass21

That might have been the one. On the replay it looked like there was barely any contact if at all

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Bunch of pansies on this site voting for no flopping. After the league changed the rule that artificially rose the Rockets to last in the entire league in free throws? Get out of here. LOL!

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Cus he spit hot fire!!

1 person likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah its not ok to flop and we shouldn't, but that wont stop the rest of the league from doing it so why put our selfs at a disadvantage?

15. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

i dont think this problem will ever get resolved. just go by wwbd, what would battier do?

16. conquistador#11

just fall to the ground like you heard shots. In a perfect world there wouldn't be flopping, and the refs would stop calling ticky tack fouls just because of the name on the back of the jersey. But that's not the way of Commissar stern, so you do whatever you have to do.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish the refs would T up the flopper, that would quickly end this cancerous display.

DD

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

At least call a delay of game penalty as they do when players mess with the ball as its coming out the net after a score. The 2nd time, Tech'em up!

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is exactly right. I don't think Scola is as big a flopper as everyone thinks. To me, there is a difference between flopping and selling a call. The former happens with a minimal or complete lack of contact. The latter is when there is legitimate contact while in a legal position and you fall back. That is something that I was taught from a very early age in basketball camps and continued into high school.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Unfortunately for the Rockets, they have to embelish every single foul because they just simply dont get the calls that other teams do.

With that being said I do agree that if its an obvious flop, it should be reviewed and a tech should be handed out to the flopper if deemed worthy.