1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I think thats up to HBO not sure though

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

:confused: it's had Dolby digital support since day one... You just have to select the box. It says beta but it works just fine.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

seriously no HBO go yet?

I can't even add anything to damned HD, not too happy with my first MS console so far with if this is how its going to stay.

On the bright side TitanFall is pretty cool

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

No, initially it only had DTS day one. I see now that they add Dolby Digital support in a March update. I usually read about the features added for each update and I didn't read this was updated. But, when I searched on the topic, I see they added it then and I found it listed in the Settings.

The reason I wanted XBox One to pass Dolby Digital is because of Netflix. Netflix supports Dolby Digital on a lot of movies but not DTS.

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Titanfall might be out already, but that doesn't mean there aren't more XBO games that deserve some major hype:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bMnjoqr5glk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Looks pretty fun. Kind of a Ratchet and Clank vibe but with free-running.

I'm still more excited for Dying Light, though. But then it seems I liked Dead Island much more than most people did.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Titanfall is insanely fun. I bought it and Battlefield 4, but haven't even opened BF4.

8. Surfguy

I quit playing Titanfall a while ago. Couldn't compete with all the teens who sit in their rooms all day long playing it. That's not the reason. I just haven't been gaming for a while. I get sick of all of it.

9. joesr

joesr Member

I play maybe once a week. Not even for that long if no friends are on. But I like it a lot.

10. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

i feel you, i have not played with any of my friends or any of the people i added from the gamer tag thread.

11. Christopher

Christopher Member

I smash Titanfall a few days a week. It's so much fun.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Oh so you couldn't narrow it down and went with both huh? I played a ton of BF4 on PS4, but Titanfall has kept me too busy to repurchase it for XBO at the moment.

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

14. RC Cola

Yeah, I almost posted that earlier. Great move if true.

And um...now this:
    https://twitter.com/MCVonline/status/466227690878808064
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here’s a shock - we’ve just been told that a Kinect-less Xbox One will be announced shortly. As in, by 4pm today. In 15 mins!</p>&mdash; MCV (@MCVonline) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCVonline/statuses/466227690878808064">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    It is almost 4PM in the UK now I think.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Still no HBO go.

16. RC Cola

Yep, Kinect-less XBO SKU coming:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O_NLK-jEDGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices
    Also confirms ability to use entertainment apps without having XBL Gold.

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Didn't some of us call this months ago (kinectless sku)? Smart move to finally make a kinectless sku and remove paywall for free apps. The TF bundle with kinect at $450 is a better deal imo. I applaud Phil Spencer for making the effort to right the ship, unlike Nintendo.

#1437 chow_yun_fat, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  18. Surfguy

That's pretty crappy that they would only now offer a Kinect-less SKU because they couldn't foresee how it would impact sales (as if they had no clue) and how useless Kinect really is to the overall function of the system to date.

I like Microsoft products and all but what about us early adopters who had to buy one because the bundle was the only option? Shouldn't we get a free game coupon, Xbox live points, or something? I know...screw us.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

agreed, we should.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

For everyone that isnt happy so far with the Xbone. Be patient, consoles do these things at launch. Even PS4. Trust when I say the games are coming. Starting at the end of the month with Watchdogs. From then it looks like a steady diet of quality games this year