1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Nov 25, 2004.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Peyton manning is simply an unbelievable quarterback. SIX more touchdowns today! He's passed for at least 4 touchdowns in the past 5 games, and is on track to topple Marino's single season touchdown record of 48. Top QB rating in the league, what a player.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

PREDICTION: 60 TDs

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

And, I have him on my FF team. :D

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

so the Colts made the right decision between Manning and Leaf??

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Considering a lot of people now would say "who the hell is Leaf?" I'd say that's a safe assumption.

Brandon Stokley, Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne could all have 1000 yard and 10 TD seasons. that is unbelieveable.

6. drapg

drapg Member

Screw Barry Bonds... This is true, chemicall unaltered genius at its finest.

Unbelievable performance today. Truly mind boggling.

Even more impressive is how the Colts defense has rallied in the past two games to give Manning added support.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Peyton Manning can bite my bag. He's taking much needed fantasy points away from Edge.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Best QB in the game today. ;)

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

in one of my fantasy leagues he went in the 5th round.. in most others he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder.. how foolish we all were.

10. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

F Manning.

On December 12th I hope the Texans knock him outta the game.

Maaaarrrriiiinnnooooooooooooo!

11. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

That is crazy. He's like Warren Moon running the the run and shoot. I could have sworn ernest givens, haywood jeffries, and drew hill came real close to doing that one year as well. I remember rooting for the three of 'em to accomplish that one year.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What's more amzing is that the three of them were nothing more than three better than average receivers... yet they were made to look like superstars (w/ Curtis Duncan) in that offense and w/ that QB.

Moon would have thrived in this Colts offense... where you rely on a great running game, play-action, and speedy WR's who run plenty of crossing routes. Also, there's a rock-solid offensive line (which the Oilers always had... it was just that outside rusher b/c of the lack of a TE).

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just wish they weren't excruciating to watch. Snap the ****ing ball already! :)

But yeah, he is amazing.

14. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

He had more passing TD's in three quarters today than the Bears have had all season.

They weren't playing good teams. I'm not sold on that their D just yet - they gave up plenty of yards today. If anything, their offense supported their D by completely taking away the opponents' running games these last two weeks, thus forcing them to rely on woeful pass offenses.

15. synergy

synergy Member

manning went first round in most of my leagues. damn you jamal lewis!!

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Me too. I wanna play in these leagues:

17. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

First, let me just say that I am a Colts fan and always have been--I love watching Manning and him making history.

But this team's defense is NOWHERE NEAR decent--even against a team playing the way Detroit has, they were outgained in the first half but still led 27-9. They have played bad teams and beaten bad teams, and these opponents have been bad enough they have self-destructed at the first hint of success vs. Indy.

To get back to the topic, though, it's seriously hilarious watching Manning play--it's like playing Madden when you're too good so you start setting limits for yourself to make things more difficult (i.e., you don't worry about scoring touchdowns, but you want to make sure you can get a touchdown pass to every eligible player on your team, run all the plays in order regardless of the down). It's ridiculous.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Actually, before the snap is where all the magic happens. You can see him and the receivers pointing out where the blitz is coming from and where the empty spot is going to be in the zone defense. That's when he'll change the play to a play action pass and execute it perfectly to neutralize the blitzer and then proceed to throw a frozen rope right to the receiver usually for a TD.

I hate him and I hate the Colts but MAN, that offense is unstoppable.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You know 60% of that is just acting bull****. I remember one time Peyton got caught with his signals in a game vs the Raiders about 4 years ago. The Colts took an early lead 21-3 tearing them apart. At halftime, Raiders LB Greg Biekert actually had somehow deciphered Manning's playcalling and was telling his defense to follow his lead in the 2nd half. The Raiders went out in the 2nd half and shut Manning down cold and ended up winning the game 38-35.

20. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

1 billion TDS