1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[rudy t]"It's very important your best player buys in and cooperates with the coach"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 9, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hear about the relationship between Rudy Tomjanovich and <a href="https://twitter.com/DR34M">@DR34M</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClutchCity?src=hash">#ClutchCity</a> <a href="http://t.co/zpd4vBlCuy">http://t.co/zpd4vBlCuy</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/608107826230083584">June 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I loved this as the ending of the documentary.

This is also honestly the reason the Spurs have been so successful, it all starts with Timmy.

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

this is why we won with Rudy and dream and not with others. The coach and best player have to be real with each other. clutch city was real.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And this is also why Dream left for Toronto, when the "best player" became The Franchise.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Then when the "best player" became Yao, the Franchise went to disneyworld...but the superbowl first with Jay Z and Beyonce

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

AND HE SHOULD KNOW !!

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Guess we just can't afford to lose Mchale, right???? LOL

8. dram1

dram1 Member

I think Dwight has bought in...and sometimes I wonder if he may be the best player on the team. McHale reminds a little of Rudy in that he does give them a lot of freedom but holds them accountable each night as made evident by his post game honesty.

9. dram1

dram1 Member

I don't think Franchise quite bought in. He was too arrogant. Remember he "built" Toyota Center

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. dram1

dram1 Member

oh...I see what you did there...onions and crying...cool

12. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Maybe he just really loves onions... No need to jump to conclusions.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The buy-in is 50/50. More so from the big men, obviously. However, Dwight wants his touches if he's healthy.

James seems to go into Kobe mode at points and wave Dwight (Shaq) off at some points. That's irritating when you have position in the post. My Okafor guy (Toby) seals his man off and becomes infuriated when he doesn't get the rock.

The young guns seem to buy in to our "coach," but not an MVP and the guys who know that they have had to take over because our offense relies so heavily on one man and relies on hope that TRaw and others hit open 3s. Trevor is a great defender, not the best jump shooter, but he can do more than what he's been told to do.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've loved watching the Clutch City documentary (and heck, the "pre-Clutch City" thingy), with the interviews of guys who truly are our heroes. Watched it 3 times, so far. Rudy T may be getting up there, and he may be limping around now (sort of like McHale in that regard), but I could sense the fire still in him. Damped down, sure, but it's still there, just like it's still there with Dream, Horry, Mario, Kenny, and Sam. It was great to hear Kenny unload some truth. He's been too quiet about the Rockets while he's been a talking head on cable. To hear Sam talk about being a rookie, and realizing just what winning a championship meant by seeing the reactions of those who had spent all those years of work and frustration getting there. The stories from Mario. Robert still having an edge after all these years.

Thanks, tinman. :)-

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Dream and rudy probably have lunch together off camera too. I wonder if anyone of our players do that with mchale or rick or jvg.