1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you go after Peyton Manning?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Yes or no

1. yes

54.9%
  2. no

45.1%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has a 28 mil bonus so there is a good chance he is cut. Matt Shaub is great and all, but we are talking about the greatest qb of all time imo. We can probably trade shaub for a pick and with that money + mario money we can sign manning.

The redskin, jets, etc are being rumored, but I think we can give him a better chance to get super bowls.

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

3 years ago yes but it's too much of a risk to get rid of a great QB for a guy with an uncertain future.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Peyton manning can eat a dick.

3 people like this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Interesting thought.... What do y'all think I guess Schaub would fetch a first rounder? Or I wonder if Indy would be interested in Schaub to start for a year or two. I know Luck has all this potential but so did Mr. David Carr.

I bet Indy would ask for Schaub and two first rounders. I can't see them letting him walk without getting either compensation or another super bowl run out of him.

5. chestr

chestr Member

If he could give us at least 3+ years of pre-injury Peyton then yes in a heartbeat.

It'd be like a guaranteed superbowl.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Fresh off a neck injury that took 4 months longer than usual to recover and 36 once the season starts. I can't imagine Indy setting the price like that for Manning. They have 20-25% of the cap tied up in a player they don't know is healthy enough to start, let alone finish, a full season. 2 first rounders and a starter should be the price for Luck if anything.

7. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

I can't see Manning playing for the Colts next year, he's due $28 mil......I just hope it doesn't turn into a Favre situation, minus all the 'hey look at me!' Where he goes through another 2+ teams over the next few years tarnishing his stellar accolades. Some would rightly argue it wouldn't, but Manning is the Indianapolis Colts, him playing in Washington or Cleveland would be like Favre with the Jets, it just doesn't seem right.

8. ThaShark316_28

That's the thing...Manning won't do that bull****. That's why he'll NEVER play for the Jets like it's being rumored. Wouldn't go to NY and wouldn't take Eli's shine.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

If he's healthy I would. Maybe he only has two or three good years left, but that could be enough to result in a SB win.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Nobody is going to pick him up having to pay out $28 million a year with that injury. He'll clear waviers and work out another deal.

The Texans would never go after him because they are loyal to Schuab, but I would. If we had Manning on this team we would be unstoppable.

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. Schaub is way younger, and look at Manning's numbers the year before last. I'm sorry, but come on...

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

If Manning had the Houston defense throughout his career, he would have never lost to Brady.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If Manning had the (concurrent) Houston defense throughout his career, he might never have made the playoffs.

To the OP, no.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

^ Why so much hate for the manning? You jelly?

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

More like hate for the former Texans D, not hate for Manning.

16. Relentless

Relentless Member

No. Everyone complains out injuries, yet most of you want a guy who has had 3 neck surgeries in 2 years.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It would be like seeing Joe Montana in a Chiefs uni

[​IMG]

Or like Namath in a Rams uni

[​IMG]

These things happen...

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Up till last year the has never missed a start. He has been more disable than shaub.

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

The dude is 35, coming off 3 surgeries. Even if completely healthy, you're looking at a window of 2 or 3 years tops.

Still, I might do it if you could get him for cheap, which would allow you to dump Schaub's contract, then sign Mario, Arian, and a veteran WR.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The things you guys dream up never ceases to amaze me...