1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Rumors - All Rockets Trade Rumor Post - and suggestions for trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ggore, Feb 18, 2005.

1. ggore

ggore Member

Why not have one post mentioning all the rumors and suggesting a few:
    [one exception - nothing suggesting dealing Yao or T-Mac because it just won't happen]

The "Hot" Rumors

TORONTO - Lots of Rumors:
    Donyell Marshall, Eric Williams, Jalen Rose and Alston want out. We do not have enough to get Alston. All kinds of combinations to get the other 3.

PORTLAND - Lots of Rumors here also:
    DA for MoT is the hottest - sound good for both teams.
    It would be nice to get the huge expiring contracts of Rahim/Stoud/VanExel, but the TE cannot be combined and we won't trade anyone worth an expiring contract. So, its probably DA or nothing.

Possible Good Deals?

New Orleans - I love Baron Davis, when he is healthy. Due to his injury problems, we might get him on the CHEAP. It would be worth it to have him for half the games - and all of the playoffs. MoT, Spoon and a #1 sounds like a lame offer, but those contracts expire sooner. Combine that with the TE for PJBrown (if its a salary match?).

Clippers - I think Wilcox could explode in the right situation - like next to Yao. TE and a #1 for Wilcox? TE plus a pick for Jaric?

Deals to make as a last resort:

Cleveland - Wagner and Diop could be had for part of the TE, is it worth bothering?

Denver - TE plus 2nd picks for RWhite or Skita?

Knicks - Anything happening on the Kurt Thomas rumors. I doubt it but that would be a nice one. Supposedly Isiah likes MoT, it seems like we could figure out a way to give Mot to him.

Philly - AI is pushing for a deal in Philly and Bog Dog has a huge expiring contract. Bring back Kenny T?

Utah - Would Utah make a deal? Boozer for ?, Harpring for ? (we would probably have to give up a #1, TE and Juwan for Boozer - if that was enough)

Minnesota - The T-Wolves are desperate to make a move. Anyway to turn our TE into their #1 pick in 2005?

Washington - TE + #2 for Kwame Brown - Expiring contract, try him out for a few months?

2. ggore

ggore Member

From another post:

A two-part deal for Rose and Marshall in a heartbeat.
    part 1 - Rose for Mo T + Spoon + our pick
    Part 2 - Marshall for TE

Sounds good to me.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont want anything to do with jalen rose he can stay as far north as possible. marshall is intriguing but using the te so quickly may not be a good idea considering how the FA market may turn out this year, its probably better to save that. i think the MoT for DA trade is the most realistic scenario happening

4. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

YUCK @ getting rose AND giving up our 1st round pick

5. wafna

wafna Contributing Member

Hasn't DA been sidelined with chronic debilitating headaches? If so, I don't see how he'd have the actual playing value of MoT.

The main reason posters want to get rid of Mo is his ridiculous salary, and more out of resentment than practicality. But trading him won't solve any $ issues. Maybe some of you who bothered to study the trade rules can better explain what I gleaned from my skimming of that thread; the rules stipulate a very close salary equivalence between the players being traded.

We have to remember that either Mo or whomever we might get will only play about 10 minutes behind Howard, who's playing his role wonderfully. I think Mo's a cool dude, and he can put up a few good hook shots in the short time available. Yes, his D's not so great, but do any of you actually think we can revolutionize the backup PF position with any of the realistiic possibilies out there?

In short, it won't be the end of the world if we just hold on to Mo.

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

If we give up a pick to get Rose... We might just as well send Yao to NY for Allan Houston.

7. wafna

P.S. - It's true that neither Howard nor Mo can provide the banging protection we all want for Yao.

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

"Banging protection"? Try Trojan Man!

9. wafna

I knew that didn't come out right... but you know what I mean. If we can't get a big PF "enforcer," what's the point? We don't need any more middle-distance shooters.

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

OK, how about a crazy idea to get rid of MoT.

MoT + TE to New Orleans for Mashburn & Lynch.

I know, I know, Mashburn is so hurt he may never be healthy enough to play but he does have one less year on his contract than Mo. Mo's not playing anyway, so we wouldn't lose anything but gain one less year of having to pay him. They get someone that ACTUALLY PLAYS and who could be a pretty good player for them. The TE gives them more cost cutting and gives us depth at 2/3. Lynch only has one more year left as well and would be a good defensive player for the team and a backup for TMac.

Like I said, a crazy idea, but we may need a crazy idea to even trade Mo right now.

11. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

AI Baron Davis someone please play that 610 ridiclous sound bite. You act like our pick is worth soo much.

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

hey, I thought we traded Francis and Mobley :p

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KT doesn't have the athleticism and size to deal with the 4's of the Western Conference.
    Boozer puts up decent numbers,but again,if we were to shell out those bucks ,I want more athleticism.
    Donyell would be a sweet fit,with his rebounding defense,and 3 point shooting.
    Eric Williams is cheaper and would be the perfect role player.
    The ideal guy though in my mind,is Dale Davis.He gives us what we need at the 4,we unload MoTay,and get the 10 million dollar expiring contract.Give up the number 1 in this deal...get it done...then we can get another MAJOR piece.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

If you choose Jalen Rose, I will personally come kick your *ss...
    Sincerely,
    [​IMG] :mad:

15. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

When is the trade Deadline?

16. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

We can't use the trade exception to sign free agents.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

thursday.

18. drpepper

drpepper Member

Mo + Gaines for Dale Davis and as a token of our appeciation we take Najera (who has a long but decent contract) off their hands with our TE.

Also, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we have Baidine oversea playing well and who's game resembles that of Dale's. I think we'll lose nothing if we sign him in the off season at the league minimum. Next season that would give us a front line of:
    Yao
    Deke (if resigned)
    Baidine
    Howard
    D.Davis (if resigned)
    Najera
    Weatherspoon

not bad at all (if at least one comes back).

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks was picked with the 29th pick of the 1st round. Who wouldn't want him on their roster?

Cat, Nick Van Exel, Sam Cassell, Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas and on and on were either late first rounders or second rounders.

Every pick is important.

20. MONON

MONON Member

There's no way in Hades the T-Wolves trade they're next 1st round pick, especially if it's a lottery pick!! :D