1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To tank or not to tank: that is the question

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by msn, Dec 22, 2008.

?

Are you in favor of teams "tanking" for draft position?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2009.
  1. Tank!

35.0%
  2. Thanks, but no tank.

65.0%
  1. msn

msn Member

I realize there's a whole thread dedicated to this and I'm sorry for the redundancy (in fact, Castor27, I won't be offended if you throw this poll into the other thread).

Just want to see a show of hands: who's for tanking for draft position, and who's against it?

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I'd tank.. this offense - especially this QB - needs as many "live" reps as he can get. Everything he sees now will only help speed up his development going forward.

In the same vein, I wouldn't mind a bit seeing the defense play the young guys to see where they're at. Barber, Adibi, Coley, Nading, etc. I think I've seen enough of Harrison to know that he's not going to be "the answer," but other than that, I say let the young guys get out there and put something on film for the coaches to evaluate.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Nothing to gain from winning.

Tank like a mofo.

4. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I voted tank, but I'm really torn. I won't be able to watch the game without pulling for them to win, but this one win could mean a tremendous difference in draft picks. I really think the 12th pick or better will get us a pass rusher. I'm much more leery at pick 17 and above. I didn't do any real research and was guessing we would be the best 7-9 team based on strength of schedule and therefore end up around 12th, but the pick could be even better.

5. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I watch every game and root for them to win. I will wish for them to win this week.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If they beat the Bears, I'll be happy.
    If they lose to the Bears, I'll get over it and enjoy the better pick.
    If I root for them to lose, I won't be happy with myself.

Evan

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So is there a Rudy Gay available in the upcoming NFL draft?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

We already have our best win of the franchise against the near undefeated Titans. Beating the bears and going 8-8 isnt going to make that win any sweeter.

If its possible, I'd like to see a high scoring game where both defenses are abused, and it becomes unequivocally clear Richard Smith gotsa go.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I would rather they didn't, but if Kris Brown gets a chance to win the game, he should kick it out of bounds at the goal line, for old times sake.

11. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Exactly. It's not like we haven't done this before. Sure is nice to have Mario instead of AJ Hawk, isn't it?

12. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

does anyone have the actual figures (more or less) on what our draft position will be if we win or lose? (ex. if we lose we'll draft anywhere between 10-12)

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We'd be drafting at #12 if the draft were today, but depending on who wins and loses this Sunday, it doesn't look like we'll draft after #17.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Just make it hard to the Bears, they still have to win.
    But this is the first time, it doesnt matter if the texans lose.

I want to see Mario Williams sacking Kyle Orton

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, we might as well give our 'young' guys a chance, and see what happens.

No need to purposely drop a game, but no need to win at all cost either.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Too late, we already dropped Craig Nall last week :(