1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Thought You Guys Understood...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jeff, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

But, I'll say it one more time for those who can't figure it out or are just ignoring it...

If you gloat/take shots at the Kerry supporters or if you rip off a nonsense attack against Bush supporters, you are going bye-bye.

bamaslammer already got a timeout for it and all the mods have a very itchy trigger finger on this one.

Bush won. Kerry lost. That is it. Act civil or don't post here.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Thank you for restating this.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Thanks Jeff.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I have seen several examples of "nonsense attacking against Bush supporters", but regardless I understand the liberal hurt, and I will further uphold civility...

I am so, so, so happy, but my aim is to make sure the appearance of "gloating", or "taking shots" does not take place while still posting the positives of this great win!!!

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Thank you so much Jeff. It was getting out of hand in the Election Day Thread but it seems to have cooled down now. Thank you again.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow....this forum might be safe to stay in now! :)

I have been avoiding the flying poo.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jeff,

Please take a look at This thread

I was pointing on the irony...not looking to sling mud...and I don't appreciate being called a ...you know.

:)

DD

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Save the Liberals!

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

It's okay, Jeff. Civility is breaking out everywhere on our smiling little faces.:)

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

are nader supporters fair game?

or at least the libertarian guy?

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

My 2 cents...

There's a lot of bad blood now. However, there is always bad blood in this forum...whether it be an argument on race, religion, war, civil rights, presidential candidates or whatever. The battles that are going on in here are nothing new (as most of you obviously know). I think the mods would do themselves a huge favor by turning this BBS into a sports site exclusively. Too many people come in here and vent their frustrations on anyone who happens to have a different point of view (I'm guilty of it myself at times). I think the only options are to let anything go (which is probably not the best idea)...or lock it up and enjoy arguments on how bad Mo T is...and things like that. I dont know much about computers and web hosting but it would probably save some much needed cash as well if we were to cut out this part of the BBS.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

T_J, jeff can think for himself and also see trough the transparency of your post. batman is upset, as are many of us, and he might be wrong in his assumptions but he is not out of line. you, my fellow american, are out of line and being uncivil. you are calling out batman for admins to admonish or ban. that’s just not cool.

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Sure there are some loud mouths trolls here and many of our tempers boil over every now and then but in general I think the moderators have done a good job with this forum and I hope Clutch keeps this open.

This isn't as bad as some online forums are and even though I'm not a very frequent poster or one with a long history I've enjoyed following the back and forth among the regulars. While we may have some pretty hefty political dis

As a personal aside since I no longer live in Houston I like coming here to get a sense of what people in Houston are thinking about major issues. Even though Clutchfans is primarily a Rockets site to me its become a general Houston site where I can chat about the Rockets, Astros and other issues all at one spot.

15. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

If you're so offended, you shouldn't make a scene of it. You can make use of the report post to moderator option instead of doing it publically.