1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Neer some dating advice from fellow Christians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JMAD21, Jul 19, 2015.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

There are some people out there who get tunnel vision when it comes to academics or career and she could simply be one of those people. Give her space, if she's meant for you, then she will be yours when she's ready. I know you probbaly want it to happen overnight, but it might take a while, and you have to be prepared for that if you want to pursue her. In the meantime, I suggest a hobby or something.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Also, bro, I don't know how you are in real life but you come off as like really intense emotionally. There are some girls who don't respond to that in a positive way.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

This thread...

What in the actual ****?

4. dragician

dragician Member

attend your community's bible study.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lol yeah that's not the case at all. This is just a serious subject for me right now so I'm taking it seriously.

I'm actually a super laid back dude.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Most girls do not response positively to that....

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There's a fine line about involving prayer and God into every single thing in life. I think a lot of spiritual people can cross that line.

You've been friend zoned for the most part. She likes you and that's clear but she doesn't want anything serious so perhaps it is just a timing thing. How long are you willing to wait? You could miss out on others in the mean-time.

8. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

JMAD21:

When you pray, do you pray externally to a God "out there" or internally?

Are you and the father one? If so, why over-think?

Also, how can anyone other than you, know your answer and your path? Why allow others to choose the path for you?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have several options. None of the options is being in a relationship with her at the moment.

Med school is way more time consuming than pre-med. So it won't get better. The way I see it (and I admit I can be wrong especially without knowing either of you guys) these are your options...

1. Tell her you respect her decision and mean it. You can go out with her once in a while if you want, but that might be difficult.

2. a. Thank her for her honesty and let her know that you respect her decision. Then go your own way and don't really contact her again. Just let her go and don't contact her even if she calls or wants to talk with you.

b. Just like 2.a. but if she then reaches out to you, go ahead and hear her out and see what happens.

3. Tell her that you respect her decision, but since you guys both share the same faith, and you respect her, then let her know that you'd be happy to remain her friend, and maybe you guys can talk to each other support each other in dealing with the issues you have maintaining that faith as you go through life's challenges. You guys and just talk and share about what happens in your life through the filter of your similar approach to your faith.

2.b. is probably the only way that you will date her in a serious manner any time in the near future.

3. May lead to a relationship but not for many years and after you both have gone through other serious relationships of your own.

The chances of you being in a serious romantic relationship with her are minimal no matter which way you decide to go.