1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haircut help!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WWR, Jun 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. WWR

WWR Member

I am at my girlfriend's and she lives right here by Reliant.

I can't justify going to Superclips and spending $18 for their run of the mill haircut.

Is there a competent cheap place around Reliant? Maybe like a small barber shop? Something that isn't a chain like SuperCuts or SportsClips?

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Plus tip...Man, haircuts have gotten expensive...I've been doing my own hair for the past couple of years...trust me, there is some trial and error involved, but I keep it short and it works for me...I trim it every week...

Every once in a while I'll go to supercuts, but that's $13 plus tip...

3. MattM

MattM Member

Yeah if you get the right tools, (different guard sizes, etc.) it's not that hard. maybe get your gf to try it. with a guard on it's pretty hard to mess it up

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Bellaire Original Barber Shop
    Chimney Rock @ Bissonnet

5. no_answer

no_answer Member

Guys who cut their own hair are crazy! I don't mind my husband spending 15-20 on a GOOD haircut. It pissed me off when he pays that much and gets a bad one.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i havent been able to find a solid and reliable good haircut for 15-20. There was one chick that did well but she ended up moving. I always ended up going home and having to trim something up myself. I said screw it and I pony up for a high quality haircut. I pay more but it's worth

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Barber Shop FTW. The best barber shops are usually in lower-income neighborhoods.

8. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

TGF Haircutters - $10 on Tuesdays for MEN.

9. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I do my own...its not hard, it takes about 10 minutes, and I can do it anytime I want.

I started in college, about 8 years ago, and it was rough at first. Now, I'm pretty good at it, and even if you do mess up a little, it grows back.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I've been going to Hair By Tony's III on Bellaire near HWY6 (across from Fiesta) since I was in high school (graduated in '98). Even though I'm not in Houston anymore, when I'm in town I stop by for a nice $5 haircut.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I think that is Hair by Tony's IV... that dude has messed up my hair 3 times in a row... I prefer the one by beechnut and HW6, which is currently closed for remodeling or soemthing.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

man.

I get my haircut by a man by the name of alejaaaaaaaaaaaandro.

yeah, alejaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandro.

Dude is 250 per haircut.

where are those barbershops that you go into and just sit down and talk? the ones with the red and white stripe thingie, and old dudes in there talking about politics and sports.

13. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

WHY THE **** DO YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO TIP FOR A HAIRCUT AT A RANDOM ASS CHAIN BARBERSHOP, kthx, bye.

14. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

where are these?

it has been almost 24 months to the day that i last paid for a haircut. (june 16 2006. i remember cause my nephew was born the same day)... so where do i go? i had a place in dallas that i went to. $10, it was old fashion and in a lesser privileged area. i'm going to need to hit up a place within the next couple of weeks.

hook a brother up

15. TheMountainTop

Just put a bowl on your head and cut around it.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Go to those Asian hair salons. It is usually like $2.99, so if you give them $5 when in total with tip you feel like a big man walking out. Actually the best part about going to those places is you don't have to make idle conversation with the hair dresser since many of them don't speak English all that well.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

18. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

West Bellfort and Chimney Rock, there is a nice old style barbershop. $12 for a cut.

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Been there cuz it's walking distance from my house. Came out of there looking like a prison inmate. Bellaire Original blows them away.

20. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I pay 5 buks for mine :cool: