1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is an Obvious No-No While Driving...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kwik_e_mart, Sep 25, 2004.

1. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

How dumb can this person be? Trading his own life for a short period of ecstasy, that's not cool...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1835&e=4&u=/cpress/car_sex_death

Quebec man killed in head-on crash while having sex at the wheel

Fri Sep 24,10:40 PM ET

ST-JOACHIM, Que. (CP) - A 25-year-old man was killed and his partner was seriously injured Friday in a head-on crash that police said took place while the driver was having sex behind the wheel.

Another car veered into the couple's path in this town 25 kilometres northeast of Quebec City, shattering both vehicles and trapping the occupants.

The 25-year-old driver, from Baie-Comeau, Que., was killed on impact and the driver of the other vehicle was gravely injured, said provincial police.

Witnesses said the deceased man and his female passenger were partially undressed, leading police to believe the couple had been having sex prior to impact.

"The two people at this moment were in the midst of having sexual intercourse at the wheel of the vehicle, which makes driving that much more dangerous," said provincial police spokesman Richard Gagne.

Although the couple's car never veered out of its lane, police said their manoeuvre was dangerous and potentially illegal.

"They endangered their safety and that of others," said Gagne.

Provincial police said anyone found to have been having sex at the wheel prior to an accident could face criminal charges ranging from gross indecency to negligence.

Emergency workers used heavy tools to extract the injured victims from their cars.

Provincial police said the 37-year-old driver whose car left its lane was either distracted or fell asleep at the wheel.

Also, the driver who crashed into the couple was stupid... you can't just pile into the car so that you can get a good view of all the action and excitement! :mad:

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

To be fair, the freeway fornicators weren't the cause of the accident.

However, that doesn't mean it wasn't an incredibly dangerous activity.

Cars can be very dangerous, and people can be very stupid - it should be MUCH harder to get a license, in my opinion.

3. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

wow thats crazy, i was just telling my friend a couple of hours ago how i planned to do that while driving :eek:

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

This is the guy at fault. If you get tired behind the wheel, pull over for a nap. It's the only way to stop getting tired. Nothing else works.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

You think?

6. Isabel

Isabel Member

While they didn't technically cause the accident, if they hadn't been otherwise occupied they might have (theoretically) had a chance to swerve and avoid it. This is why you need to pay attention when behind the wheel.

It said the guy was killed instantly; what about the girl? OK, the occupants were supposedly trapped in both vehicles after it happened. They were in the middle of... anyway, can you imagine being the other participant and being trapped in that car? :eek: Not that I know how they would physically manage to do what they were doing in such a small space...

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

This reminds me of the movie "The Chase" with Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson. It's a decent flick with some pretty good jabs at highway-chase-crazy news stations. The ending was a bit unrealistic, but it's not this was some serious docudrama in the first place.

And for some strange reason, everytime I think of "The Chase" I think of this other movie where a pair of sailors (one played by Tom Beranger) try to chase down a female convict that they are supposed to be looking after.

What were we talking about again?

8. synergy

synergy Member

I hope the guy was wearing protection...

9. drapg

drapg Member

Wasn't "The Chase" filmed on 290 in Texas with the various outdoor effects added in through compuer generated images?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Was it a hummer?

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

damn atleast wait till you park!

12. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

What a way to go.

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

He came and went.