1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland's announcers are literally the WORST in LEAGUE HISTORY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sorry, probably belongs in game thread, but this is not just usual bad local homer announcers complaint. I got league pass and have NEVER EVER heard some horrible announcing from any of the local guys.

Yes, I listened to Clyde, I listened to the bad Marlowe/Hastings team in Denver, I listened to Reynolds and Napier in SAC, but the combo in Portland beat all of their asses in horribleness.

Lowlights:

1. Racist comments: Yao talked to officials. Announcers b****ed about why he isn't getting a T, then said they didn't T him up probably because he wasn't talking in English.

2. Constant, Constant b****ing about calls. Yao ran away from contact, got whistled.. announcer say there is obviously a fould. Repeated ad nauseum.

3. Don't do their homework, talk out of their asses: Landry hits open J: Announcer says Landry is a lot like Hayes, both hustle and both HIT THE 15-FOOT JUMPER? When the hell does Hayes even attempt 15 foot jumpers?

Ugh. These guys need to be suspended like Chris Andersen cuz they are clearly on crack.

2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

They were almost shocked that the Blazers were doubling tmac like the way most teams guard Roy......

3. setdarkness

setdarkness Member

It's one of those telecasts which I really wish the Rockets were playing a whole lot better than they are at present. I'd be a little irritated by the announcers, but not ready to maim them like I am now.

4. dedong22

dedong22 Member

i'm watching those mms links and i'm getting FSN Houston

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree they aren't very good, but give me a break, they aren't as bad as Clyde. IMO, the Bucks have the worst announcers.

6. sbyang

sbyang Member

What is the name and background of these announcers?

7. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Lol, I knew i wasn't the only one who found tonights league pass announcers absurd. They are definitely as bad as I have ever heard in the last year that i can remember.

8. jc1988

jc1988 Member

nba refs....STOP GAMBLING....

today's betline is against the rox....and i knew refs gonna be b****y towards rox again..

every time, it's always true.

9. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Regarding your first point, when I heard the refs say that, it made my blood boil. POS announcers.

10. tulexan

tulexan Member

Don't forget the gem about McGrady being guarded like the rest of the league guards Brandon Roy

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

what feed are you guys watching, both the mms and the nba.com link both have clyde and bill.

12. ricky812

ricky812 Member

oh why can't league pass have the houston feed. I am almost ready to mute this game.

13. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

Im listeneing on direct tv..............these announcers whine,moan and b..ch like ive never heard!

14. dedong22

dedong22 Member

two minutes left in the game and scola is already hugging landry, how bout we finish the game first :D

15. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

The announcers have been awful.

The way they went on about Yao with the foul calls was disgusting.

16. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

"You have to like what the Rockets have done tonight even though catching the Blazers at the perfect time" :rolleyes: :D

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

jeez how many times are they going to hammer in the point about the Blazers' hangover from that 7 game road trip?

and that we "caught the Blazers in a good time".

18. rocketsfaninsa

yeah those are annoying the crap outta me. the blazers have sucked the last five years and all of a sudden they have won some games and the annoiuncers act like every other team is inferior

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Boston's are worse--have to be.

20. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

They wish.