1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

leaving texas for first time, $2800 budget and 21 days, where should i travel?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faust, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Faust

Faust Member

since i got a little money from my relative's will, i want to travel outside our state for the first time and see the rest of our country. i got 3 weeks to travel and $2800 this summer. i dont have a passport so i dont think i can go to mexico or canada so its gotta be somewhere in america. i heard really great things about california but im open to other places.

ill probably be driving b.c plane tickets are expensive and then ill need a rent a car. my car gets 33 mpg but it breaks down sometimes b.c it's a peace of shet '95 dodge neon with no a/c. if i put $500 for gas only, i can travel about 4500 miles so about houston to seattle and back.

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Save the money and upgrade your car situation first.

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

Go to St Charles and put it all on Black.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

West coast, Phoenix I heard is beautiful, travel the west coast, cali up to Washington. Might be too far since I'd imagine you'd need to travel back home too. Vegas could be fun, but pricey if you lose and very pricey over the weekends. Denver? I've only been to Lake Charles, LA, San Fran, and Hawaii so I'm not a big help, sorry :(

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

My vote is take part of the money and have a private party with a couple strippers. 2 on the mic type stuff, not sure what to do with the 2000 that's left, maybe New Orleans.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oklahoma and live like a KING!!
    or Louisiana, Mississippi or Arkansas

Rocket

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Visit one of the random northern states, so you'd get to experience what not many other people have. Then maybe step over to Canada for a bit and punch Bieber in the face.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Every young fella under the age of 25 should live for some time in NYC.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No passport needed for Canada. Plan a trip to Denali and hit all of the places you would like to see on the way. Hit Yosemite and drive up the PCH.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

go to hawaii - what an amazing tropical paradise - it's like a different country... but it's not.

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

If you're looking to fit in as many places as possible during those three weeks then I vote East coast since they're most population dense. You can hit plenty of well known cities all within 100 miles of each other.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Go to Evans, Georgia. It's a suburb of Augusta.

14. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I think the most efficient options you have are to head either direction on I-10. East, you hit NOLA, Gulf Shores, Biloxi, and Florida. West, you'll hit Phoenix and obviously Southern California. Pro's and cons to both. California would be fun, but you hit a whole lot of nothing on the way there. New Orleans is awesome, but I don't know how appealing the southeast would be.

Do you know people you can crash with? Seems like that would be a big consideration. Also, I think you'd be surprised how cheaply you can fly on random weekdays and on airlines like Spirit. Spirit and Frontier specifically run a lot of flights to Denver, which could be a good home base for you to see a lot.

1 person likes this.
  15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Head for the mountains of Colorado.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Save the money and add it to your emergency fund.

17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Go east coast, stop in New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte, DC, NYC, head over to Boston, awesome drive this time of year, you won't regret a minute.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

Buy tickets to the Rockets Playoff games in Houston and in Dallas. Thats what you should do with that money.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

NW Pacific Coast. Fly the redeye, rent a car and find places to stay on the cheap.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Go to backpage.com and do the needful

Ask IPSAC for advise