1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fast and Furious 7 : July 11th, 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 24, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

‘Fast & Furious 7′ Gets an Official Summer 2014 Release Date

Fast and the Furious staple Vin Diesel broke the news that Universal wants Fast & Furious 7 in theaters by Summer 2014, and now the actor and studio have jointly confirmed their plan by announcing the movie’s official release date at the ongoing 2013 CinemaCon in Las Vegas.

Diesel and Paul Walker are, for certain, returning for the next Fast and the Furious installment, but otherwise it’s not clear who else is secure and onboard cast-wise. However, if the rumors about the Fast & Furious 6 post-credits scene are to be believed, then at least one major newcomer will join the vehicular racing series on its seventh lap (sorry, couldn’t resist).

Universal, according to Screen Rant contributor Perri Nemiroff (who is present at this year’s CinemaCon), has scheduled Fast & Furious 7 to reach theaters on July 11th, 2014. That means it will arrive a week before director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past arrives on the scene, and two weeks before Hercules (featuring Fast & Furious 6 costar Dwayne Johnson) hits theaters.

James Wan entered talks to direct Fast & Furious 7 this past week, after Fast and the Furious 3-6 director Justin Lin announced that Universal’s tight production schedule – which would have required him to begin pre-production on Fast & Furious 7 while simultaneously finishing editing on the sixth movie – has led him to pass on helming the seventh installment.

Wan is a talented horror filmmaker, but the director of such projects as Saw, Death Sentence and Insidious came as a left-field choice to replace Lin on the next Fast and the Furious movie. He is a capable storyteller, but Wan getting his feet wet for the first time on a spectacle-heavy tentpole and having little breathing room to do so, doesn’t sound like a recipe for success (creatively-speaking, that is, seeing how the Fast and the Furious brand name sells itself).

On a related note: Dwayne Johnson will be collaborating with director Brett Ratner on Hercules, around the same time that Fast & Furious 7 begins production; then again, Johnson’s character Luke Hobbs may get his own spinoff film, so perhaps that’ll make-up for him being (largely? Completely?) absent in F&F7.​

SPOILER: FF7 Villian:

Michelle Rodriguez Confirms ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Villain?

Fast & Furious 6 opens in a matter of weeks, but lately we’ve spent a lot more time discussing the next installment, Fast & Furious 7. That’s because Universal has decided to fast-track the movie to begin shooting this summer – with James Wan (Saw) in the driver’s seat rather than Justin Lin (who’s been directing the franchise since Tokyo Drift) – so it can open in theaters by next year.

Similar to how Fast Five included a mid-credits scene that laid the groundwork for the next installment, Fast & Furious 6 is rumored to feature a credits sequence that introduces the villain for the the seventh movie. We have confirmation that the mystery star in question will appear in Fast & Furious 7; whether or not they will play the antagonist, remains (officially) unverified for the time being.

We’re about to enter SPOILER territory for Fast & Furious 6 and 7, so consider yourselves warned…

Michelle Rodriguez will rejoin the ensemble cast in the Fast and the Furious series for the sixth installment, after her character, Letty Ortiz, was presumed to be dead following the events in Fast & Furious; that is, before she made a surprise cameo in the aforementioned Fast Five credits scene (as buildup to Letty’s appearance in the next chapter).

While being interviewed by Desde Hollywood about Fast & Furious 6, Rodriguez confirmed the new big-name cast addition to Fast & Furious 7:

“Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, when you see these guys in a room you know they belong together [...] You can see in their eyes that they have gone through a lot [...] I applaud Universal for getting [Statham] on-board!”

[​IMG]

Statham has been rumored to join the Fast and the Furious series for a while, going back to when reports were circulating that Universal was planning to shoot both the sixth and seventh installments back-to-back. Indeed, given how Universal is moving so quickly on Fast & Furious 7 – which entered development before Fast & Furious 6 started production – it comes as less of a surprise to learn that the Statham rumor has, likewise, finally panned out.

As for Stath’s role in Fast & Furious 7: according to the rumor mill, he will portray Ian Shaw, the brother of Fast & Furious 6 antagonist Owen Shaw (Luke Evans). Moreover, the Fast & Furious 6 mid-credits scene is supposedly going to introduce Statham’s character, in addition to teasing how this next installment will tie back to certain developments left unresolved in Tokyo Drift.

It’s been noted in the past that the Fast and the Furious series has evolved into a property where the badass factor – in terms of the casting, scale and vehicular warfare spectacle – matches, and is beginning to exceed, that of franchises like The Expendables (without the kitsch feel or self-awareness, that is). That trend will only continue in Fast & Furious 6, with cast additions like MMA star Gina Carano and the inclusion of the series’ most extravagant stunts to date (see: Dom’s crew taking on tanks and aircraft carriers).

Point being, it’s near impossible to (reasonably) argue with Rodriguez’ claim that Statham is a natural addition to the franchise. You can count us among those who are excited to watch Stath throw down against The Rock and Diesel in Fast & Furious 7.​

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Talks About Possible ‘Fast & Furious’ Spin-Off

2013 is the year of Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson. The former wrestler turned action star has already starred in one film (Snitch) and is set to star in several more, including the high profile sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Michael Bay’s Pain & Gain. Then, of course, there’s The Fast and the Furious 6, where Johnson will reprise his role as the hard-nosed federal agent Luke Hobbs from Fast Five.

The Fast and Furious franchise is something of an anomaly in Hollywood. Whereas you’d expect most 12-year-old franchises to be diminishing in quality, each new Fast and Furious movie seems to be more successful than the last. Director Justin Lin, who has directed the last three films in the series, has done a great job of introducing new characters and creating a large and interesting world for them to live in and (possibly) have their own adventures.

So is there room for a Luke Hobbs spin-off film? It’s a definite possibility. Given The Rock’s major role in The Fast and the Furious 6 (and presumably The Fast and The Furious 7), it makes sense that Universal will try and keep the actor around for future solo movies. Johnson even confirmed the possibility in an interview with Screen Rant, saying that there is “always an ongoing conversation” about said spin-off.

[​IMG]

Recently, Johnson reiterated the possibility of the spin-off in an interview with Empire, again saying that if anything did happen, it wouldn’t be until after The Fast and the Furious 7 so that the larger arc told across 5, 6, and 7 could be finished.

Going back to his pro wrestling days, I’ve always been a fan of The Rock, so I’d be happy to see Johnson continue his role as Luke Hobbs. When you consider that Universal is practically printing money every time a new Fast and Furious movie comes out, I can’t see them missing an opportunity to get Johnson into his own series of films.

What do you think of the possibility that Johnson could star in his own Fast and Furious spin-off? If he did, what type of story would you like to see?

The Fast and the Furious 6 hits theaters May 24th, 2013.​

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Since it's spoilered...

Jason Statham? Lol FF is turning into something like the Expendables. Slyvester Stallone to be in the 8th film? :grin:

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Never forget the one true FF7!

[​IMG]

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are you kidding me? Already? I haven't even seen the 6th one yet.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Weird choice for the new director.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They're working on 7 already. How is posting a thread about a movie in production against board etiquette?

7. SunsRocketsfan

umm i think you misread his post.. i read it like.. WTF how are they planning a 7th movie when the 6th one just came out!? and had nothing to do with your post.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It makes money, who can blame them?

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can I be in the 8th one?

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

if i ever have a son i'm going to name him "fast and furious seven"

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea this is what I meant. I mean talk about milking every last penny out of this franchise.

I'll probably still watch to get my mindless action fix:eek:

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

13. VanityHalfBlack

Just because he's Asian, damn Hollywood stereotyping Director's already.

14. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

There might be a 8th and 9th too! lol

and if you saw the end of 6, you knew this was coming:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"@<a href="https://twitter.com/ff7movie">ff7movie</a>: RT If you want @<a href="https://twitter.com/thelucasblack">thelucasblack</a> in @<a href="https://twitter.com/ff7movie">ff7movie</a> <a href="http://t.co/q3qKO7Ny8d" title="http://twitter.com/FF7Movie/status/333317373677420544/photo/1">twitter.com/FF7Movie/statu…</a>"&gt; I think I need some fast7 and I think fast7 needs me</p>&mdash; Lucas Black (@TheLucasBlack) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheLucasBlack/status/333403973358845952">May 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I enjoyed the hell out of FF5 and FF6, don't understand the hate since they've gotten great reviews, I hope the fast production for a year turn around doesn't hurt the movie since the last 3 were 2 years apart

16. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I guess Hollywood has run out of ideas. I can't believe they rebooted Spiderman again so quickly after the Toby McGuire franchise.

Thank God, I don't really watch movies anymore so I don't ever have to fret about what to watch at movie theaters.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The reviews have been better than Hangover III. It's dumb, but it's fun. It's like laughing at farts.

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I wonder if littlefoot dies in this one.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Statham's character from Deathrace would fit in nicely here...

20. VanityHalfBlack

The buzz from SXSW is that its like 5 action movies rolled into one. Get ready for this one folks.