1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Twitter: David Andersen contract finalized

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I guess this means we have Anderson and Chase both signed?

I don't have access to Twitter here, so please post the tweet if you can!

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Oh and apparently Yao was in Houston today watching the pickup games. Something about a joke as well, can't remember.

(Plz edit thread title, I think I've mispelled ALL the name lol)

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Morey tweet follows :

"Welcome D.Andersen - contract finalized...Yao was in today.Watched a few minutes of our pickup game and quipped I would trade me.He is right

about 4 hours ago from web"

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Biggest news is that Daryl agreed with Yao that Yao should be traded.

5. VBG

VBG Member

The Yao thing is probably a joke. I wouldn't mind if they trade Yao, TBH though. He's clearly never going to lead a team to a championship without a Wade, Kobe or Lebron.

David Anderson seems solid through the scouting. Should be a good pick and roll weapon with Brooks. Happy to see Anderson

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Honestly, I am a bit tired of Morey using Yao's name on his twitter. I think that is actually no difference from Marbury using Yao's name on his video.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree. Yao is totally inactive,and Morey's behavior gives the impression of him being on the team in 2010-11. There is no guarantee of him recovering to play pro basketball.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Great to see everything finalize. I downloaded a roster with him on 2k9 and was a beast.

I like what he can bring to Houston. Great outside shooting, spreads the floor, good post moves all you can ask for offensively. Gives Brooks a solid option off a pick and pop to get his APG up.

9. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

i dont understand why people think morey's saying he's open to trading yao.

way i understand the tweet, yao quipped that Morey would trade himself based on the pickup game. so way i see it, morey was playing basketball, and yao joked that based on the game, morey would trade himself away. which morey agreed to.

10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Wow, this is huge news. What kind of packages are we looking to trade Yao for?

11. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

With both Chase and David officially signed, what would Morey do next? The roster still needs front court help and Morey has less then two months to try improving this area.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Brian Cook
    James White
    Cash

for

JaVale McGee

13. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

im with you on this one. long, athletic. and wizards just signed oberto. if only james white wowed people during the summer league, the wiz might have been interested

14. rawool

rawool Member

You guys are misinterpreting what he said.

He said Yao was watching MOREY play in a pick up game and that Yao would trade Morey. Morey then agreed with him.

15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Hell hath no fury like a Wizards fan if you proposed that trade.

Seriously, go check out a Wizards message board and see how highly they rate McGee. He's practically untouchable. If we were to trade for him, it would have to be in a deal like this:

Scola, Lowry, Battier
    for
    Javale McGee, Nick Young, Javaris Crittenton, Mike James

And it's quite possible, if not probable, that the Wizards wouldn't even accept that.

16. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

That would be a great trade however the Wizards really like the potential of McGee so it is probably mute and academic that it would not have a chance of happening.

17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Yeah, while James White was supposed to be wowing people during the summer league, Javale McGee was wowing people at the Team USA minicamp, alongside guys like Kevin Durant and Rudy Gay.

18. SugarLandDream8

lol. Reading is fundamental. Yao saw Morey play a pickup game. Yao joked Morey would trade Morey after watching his lack of game in the pickup game. DM agrees with Yao that if he was elvaluating himself (DM) he would trade DH.

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Some rocket fans are so dillutional.

20. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

A sack of rice.