1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cris Carter advised NFL rookies to have a “fall guy”

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 23, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://vid.me/8Kmt

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Actually, it's a bad plan. The key to criminal activity is to work alone, keep it small, and do not talk about what you've done. When you have a fall guy,and a posse', they can take u for everything and may even set u up to do it. They all want their part. They all get jealous. They only way for it to work is to do what the joker did, and kill your posse' as you rob the bank.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is known as the "Ray Lewis".

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Corporate tricks trickling down

5. Buck Turgidson

Well, that should surprise nobody. Chris Carter and Warren Sapp, voices of the NFL.

6. Major

Major Member

This seems like it's going to end poorly for the NFL.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Warren obviously forgot to bring his with him to that hotel room...

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Sounds like good advice.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What's wrong with having him in your crew?
    [​IMG]

10. Nook

Nook Member

Ultimately does anything end badly for the NFL? They just make more and more money, increase their huge domination in the USA and continue to grow in Europe. Virtually anything the NFL does seems to make them money. The Brady scandal has kept the NFL at the front of the sports headlines the entire off season.

Further I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL wants dumb players more worried about getting in trouble with the law than the fact they are getting screwed over by the NFL. Take a bunch of "thugs" beating on each other, mix in off the field controversy and sprinkle in some white golden boy QB's and America will buy what they are selling.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Yes, but recent studies are showing a significant drop in participation at the youth level where parents are concerned about serious injuries and disabilities related to concussion and head trauma. Furthermore, the NFL's ongoing litigation from this issue does not paint a positive picture.

Sure, this may not have an immediate effect, but in 20 years an entire generation will grow up opting to play a different less dangerous sport than football. There will still be a vast pool of football players, but the best athletes will be playing other sports. That talent drain will become noticeable.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Chris Borland too soft

1 person likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

We will see. I have debated this ad nauseum with a former classmate that is a assistant HC at a D-1 college. I compared football to boxing. He argues that a majority of the skill levels are filled by poor southern black kids and rednecks and they aren't going to stop playing. I have argued that it will trickle down the social/economic ladder.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Isn't Carter the guy who purportedly "found himself" and is a changed man? Looks like the only lesson he learned was how not to get caught.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It's actually pretty decent level headed advice. NFL players already have such a short window to cash in on their success. Having a fall guy will reduce risk and maximize profits for the player, team and the NFL.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

There is an overall drop in all sports participation across the board. Kids are playing less of everything, football included.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303519404579350892629229918

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I can't cite any studies, just firsthand knowledge, but I do have to say I run into more parents who tell me they aren't letting their kid play football than I ever have. Just talking to people at Pony baseball games, even the dads who would normally be fighting to get their kid into football, I'm hearing it more and more.

And I live in Katy, where beyond football being religion in Texas, it's double religion.

Again, no studies or articles. But, it's real.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I am more baffled as to why Warren Sapp is deemed as an appropriate spokesman to NFL rookies. But definitely lost respect for Carter here, what an immense lack of integrity.

From wikipedia:
    On February 7, 2010, Sapp was arrested in South Florida and charged with domestic battery while in Florida as an analyst for the NFL Network's coverage of Super Bowl XLIV, but following the arrest the NFL Network cancelled his appearance.[21] On March 24, however, the charges against Sapp were dropped.

On February 2, 2015, the day after Super Bowl XLIX, Warren Sapp was arrested on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute and assault. Later that day it was revealed Sapp's contract had been terminated by the NFL Network.[22][23]

Will be interesting to see what the NFL becomes in the next 10 or 20 years. Between the tarnished image and less youth participation.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yep, I have no problem with it. The problem is that the audio was released (that's dumb). You have corporations using data to maximize profits and ultimately kill people/wildlife indirectly but you're gonna butthurt over sound advice like this? Lulz on you.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I think most sports tend to become more violent over time even with increased safety equipment because invariably athletes have gotten stronger, faster, and boundaries are pushed. I find this true in all sports except maybe tennis and golf. So the evolution of football in my opinion is that it will become less safe. However, I see the mental and physical benefits as so much greater than the risk of injury for most who play. I would agree that younger brains are more likely to be permanently damaged long term by head trauma so flag football through middle school makes sense.