1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Springer to DL

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BossHogg713, Jul 2, 2015.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

No idea on how severe the injury is. :(

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Astros are going to call up OF Alex Presley, which means Springer likely headed to DL as expected.</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart ⚾️ (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/616646043803844608">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Illegal Machine

Worried we haven't heard more info.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Dang this sucks ... Was really hoping Springer was going to be OK. Big blow to the team if we are looking at 4-6 weeks without him

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Alex Presley is not on the 40 man roster, so moves will have to be made.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Alex Presley?

He isn't even on the 40 man anymore. Are they moving Feldman to the 60 day, or are we cutting bait with somebody.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If there's a broken bone that requires surgery, out for year (or at least till playoffs).

If there's a broken bone that should heal with time, 6-8 weeks.

If its just a bad bruise (no broken bones), its still going to be at least 2-4 weeks before he can even pick up a bat again.

He has been the single most impactful player for the entire season... Correa keeping up this torrid pace will off-set this, but no matter how you slice it, he's a huge huge loss on both sides.

7. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Stanton just have surgery to repair a broken hamate(sp?) bone and will only be sidelined for 4-6 weeks?

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

agree with this timeline generally. My assumption as soon as I saw him at 1st and 3rd after the slide was 2 months. Continuing to hope I was wrong (in a good way)

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

right hand vs. left might come into play. But you're right. I tend to think Stanton will be at least 8 weeks before he's in the ML again.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Time for Hoes

11. conquistador#11

time to start wearing the iron man hand armor =( freaking royals.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They're all just rough estimates... but any timetable for a surgical procedure is going to range into the 6-8 week mark before resuming baseball activities... and when you take into account rehab, rebuilding strength, and then re-gaining timing/endurance, you start adding on the weeks which is why I suggested he could be back for the playoffs if surgery required (and I'm accounting for a "fully" back Springer, not a lesser player rushed back for defensive/speed purposes).

13. Remix

Remix Member

Freaking Royals. About to get swept? Better start throwing 95mph+ fastballs at the hands of our best players. Sore losers

14. Airdough

Airdough Member

Last night on the broadcast they said it was a contusion and initial look nothing was broken.

15. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Going to really miss Springer's ability to get on base and his defense. I really think they need to look at Kemp if Springer broke something and will miss significant time.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Feldman went on the DL on 05/29, so I wouldn't think they would move him to the 60 day since he will be making a rehab start.

Based on what they found out about Springer, it could be George going to the 60 day.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's what they all are... till you get actual data like imaging.

We are all anxiously awaiting those results.

18. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just looking for any reason for optimism at this point. I pray it's not a season ender. ****ing Royals! Luckily Correa didn't play or they would have likely beaned him too.

19. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Haven't the Royals been in a number of dustups this year for throwing at guys?

20. conquistador#11

if that's the case, freeman from the braves had the same thing. it was supposed to be an 2 week flesh wound but it still hasn't healed.