1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thinking out of the box: Should we hire McHale as an assistant? Hear me out.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 25, 2016.

?

Kevin McHale as an assistant coach?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. omgTHEpotential

I'm thinking that McHale could really shine as an assistant where he isn't asked to do too much. We all know he's a great guy with a great personality and he could do wonders for our chemistry on the court and off the court. He might not have been an NBA caliber head coach, but he could make a fantastic assistant. Dude just gets along with everyone. Also, as a 3x NBA champion he just knows how to win. We also have a lot of young big men now, he's the perfect guy to coach & mentor them, whether it is his post-game, big men fundamentals or anything else.

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Do you lie in bed in a drunken stupor and dream these posts up or did you ride a shorter bus to school than the rest of us?

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Someone thinks he's funny...

4. omgTHEpotential

Did you even read my post? I think I actually made some good points.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

Another wise guy. What in particular in my post do you disagree with? Would he not be a great locker room influence? Would our big guys not benefit from his coaching?

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You think McHale would come back here for less than...idk....25 million a year?

Cuz I don't.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol think mchale is happy with his millions les gave him.

11. omgTHEpotential

I understand that this idea might not be popular as it is quite out of the box (no one really would dare to suggest it except me). But your post is a little bit offensive to me as I put my time and effort in creating this thread. Some fools might think this is stupid, but I just want to leave this idea out there in case front office people (GMs, insiders etc.) visit this board. I feel like this could really benefit us, and I also think that the more intelligent members of this board (Clutch, basketballholic, bimathug) would agree with me.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basketballholic really?

He is mediocre. :grin:

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is offensive? Here I thought I was being nice by not posting this instead

[​IMG]

14. omgTHEpotential

This is not ok. I've just reported you for harrassment.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If this were like a video game (say nba 2k), then sure!!! But.. I think Les handled the situation poorly and unless he's going to overpay (he's not), there's no way in hell McHale comes as an assistant (Les continues to burn bridges for coaches, I mean ****ing hero Rudy T is a scout for LAL). I think McHale is great for player relationships though, just needed some help with coaching/plays. But ego and handling of situation there's no way he comes back (ships sailed).

NBA definitely took notice too, Houston already was hated but now... It'll definitely take some time for rebranding. I mean he extends the guy (stupid move), then fires like ~15 games in after wcf. What confidence Les has, I still don't think he knows what he's doing, extend a guy mid-season and then fire. Way to go. I wasn't a huge McHale fan as our coach, but that's just ****ed up. I'm sure that limited coaches that were even considering us, MDA is more of a redemption case (nothing since Naah).

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yes!! We all need a job/boss like this... Sign a huge contract (mid-existing contract), and then get let go... Ego aside I think I'd be okay. Hahah

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Also side note... Thinking outside the box (well not too far), how much money on a Kickstarter to oust Les... Someone here has money right?? Haha, who am I kidding, we're stuck

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

lol You are reporting me for telling you I wasn't going to post a picture because it might be offensive? Good one.

20. omgTHEpotential

But you posted it anyway. And you haven't apologized since.