1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good do you think Goran Dragic could be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Feb 25, 2011.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Dragic a sold young 6'4 PG a lot of Suns fan were sad to see go. Do you see him ever being better than Kyle by the end of the season or down the road? What type of player do you see him turning into in Houston?

2. HombreDeHierro

Manu with less balding and flopping

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

He's defintely a better scorer than Kyle....probably the same playmaking ability. It wouldn't shock me if he eventually took over starting, but I hear his confidence can get shaky.

He's like a Ginobili lite

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

AB - a 1st round

1 person likes this.
  5. Prince

Prince Member

He's cute at least ;)

6. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

For sure better than you but to answer your question I think Lowry deserves his position unless Rick think dragic has some mike Bobby in him then he will start

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Hard to tell. The fact that he has made a relatively smooth transition to the NBA, plus he's been an understudy to Nash for a couple of years, bodes well for his development. I LOVE that he can play defense at a high level.

IMO, there is virtually no downside to this trade. Either he will be a solid contributor off the bench, or he could end up one of the top 5 PGs in the league. He strikes me as a kid that Adelman will love.

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Ok, top 5 pg is a little bit too much my man.

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Probably a kirk hinrich like PG

10. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

White magic dragic!

11. hasan08

hasan08 Member

he is a nobody. Played in a high powered no defense team behind nash and with him who made him look good. His passing might be above average but he is shooting less then 30 percent from threes. How the heck can you say he will ever be starter. By next year he will be replaced!!!

12. hasan08

hasan08 Member

he is a nobody. Played in a high powered offense no defense team behind nash and with him, who made him look good. His passing might be above average but he is shooting less then 30 percent from threes. How the heck can you say he will ever be starter. By next year he will be replaced!!!

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm just saying that he has potential, not that he will get there. IMO, either he is the next Jason Kidd, or he will be solid off the bench. That is a no-lose for us. It's not like we traded Martin or Scola to get him.

Once again, I love that he can play defense, and that he has shown spurts of brilliance on the offensive end. That tells me the potential is there.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

God help us all if Lowry is The Rockets longterm answer at PG. He's a capable backup but thinks his outside shot is better than it really is to be a the answer at PG.

To me he's Rafer Part 2 with a little better Defense.

I hope Goran can develop into the starter, but I haven't seen enough of him to judge his abilities.

2 people like this.
  15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

apparently hes a good defender

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He will be good enough for a debate over whether not he should start to be a sensible one. Of course, larsv6 and DD will call for him to start regardless due to their Lowry hate.

Expect a huge upgrade over AB on defense and an overall steadier PG tandem but still one that needs to be upgraded when contender time returns.

18. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

He's over 6 foot, something the rockets haven't had in a PG in a minute.

19. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

The proper name for the thread should read : "How High is Dragic's Ceiling?"

I jest...I jest...But seriously. He seems to have above average vision and defense. I don't see him as explosive, but he is deceptively quick. He's in his 3rd season I believe. I think he could be a good game manager with the ability to hit the 3 ball and be a tremendous setup guy.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry's 3pt shooting percentage is less than 30 percent for his career and yet I think we all agree that he is a quality starter.

As bad as Dragic's 3pt shooting is this year he still has a 35 percent accuracy for his career from behind the arc. His career F/G% is 43% which equals AB's best season as a pro. Add to the fact that he is supposed to be able to play some defense and I'm willing to take a chance on the guy at least as a back up to Lowry.