1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wolves dangling 5th pick for Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 13, 2016.

1. theangrycanary

its the timing. KAT is the franchise of that team. Everything revolves around him. And the team won't be competing seriously for a couple years. Better to do what golden state did and slowly build up chemistry and through the draft, then blow everything for a player like butler who will leave first chance he gets.

They have a really good core of KAT, wiggins, lavine, and Deng. The fifth pick this year is going to make them legit.

Now, if they can just manage to get rid of pekovich and rubio... man, they would be AWESOME

2. what

what Member

I think the celtics would be stupid to make that deal. Butler is a solid player, but he is not a superstar.

Honestly if I were the celtics, I'd try to get Harden. Harden has way more talent than butler, and Brad Steven could turn Harden into a team player.

Also, if I were the twolves, I'd be looking to trade kat for Devin Booker + 4th pick.

I'd be keeping Zach Lavine + Wiggins + Booker.

Then I'd dangle the 4th pick for Gobert.

Lineup of:
    Lavine
    Booker
    Wiggins

Gobert

3. Chamillionaire

I do like your idea here. But they aren't trading KAT. And Jazz won't be trading Gobert.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jimmy Butler would be a good get for the Celtics, they would love him there. Him and Mark Walhberg who is a Boston native are supposedly best bros too.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

But I thought you had Gobert going to 76ers along with Adams?

6. what

what Member

What I am saying is that if I were either the twolves or the 76ers I'd try to get gobert from the jazz and I'd dangle high draft picks to do it.

The other thing I will say is that the twolves would be be insane to part with Zach Lavine. This dude has basketball skill to go along with great height and elite athletic-ability, he is going to be a monster.

To me the choice would be whether you'd want to trade kat or wiggins. Two low post players are difficult to create an offense around, is why.

I might would part with wiggins for butler on a FIT-basis. But I would much rather do it for say devin booker.

Lavine
    Butler

Kat

That could work alo, which that might be the preferred way to go.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ please post more. it's entertaining reading about ideas that are so illogical, yet so passionate.

Sometimes it's like you don't even watch basketball.

Half the GMs in this league would rather have KAT than Anthony Davis, and the dude probably would be the top draft "next" player if we're looking at where they are in 6-8 years.

it's so beautiful to read!!

8. StraightG

StraightG Member

I don't think trading KAT is even a discussion. Dude almost went 20/10 as a rookie. Has incredible potential. Why would you trade him? You think Gobert is better than KAT??

9. basketballholic

LOL. Levine is simply about uber-athlete that doesn't know how to play basketball very good. Skills and decision making are severely lacking.

10. arjun

arjun Member

you mean Lavine*, the 21 year old 6'5" pg who did indeed have a big improvement from year 1 to 2?

Skills will develop over few offseasons. Decision Making will develop over time (hopefully).

He is dripping with potential.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ariza and Bev are Thibs kind of players, trade them for LaVine.

12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

what.

FLASH21 likes this.
  13. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Didn't they say that about Westbrook coming out of college?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Looks ike Butler is definitely being traded, i was told he was not going to be available :rolleyes:

16. MystikArkitect

LOL what the hell are the Cavs going to offer to get Butler on their team? Shumpert and Love? The only thing the Cavs can do at this point is hope a huge FA takes less money to play for them and have Lebron and Kyrie take pay cuts to make it happen.

If I'm Minny I avoid Butler at all costs. Let that team develop some chemistry, use this year's first on a PG to replace Rubio and you could be challenging an aging Warriors team in a few years. Butler makes more sense in Boston where he can be the alpha and reduce Isaiah to what he should be....a really really really good gadget player.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hayward to Boston, Butler to Minnesota and George to Houston, who says no?
    The Cavs...lul