1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which fan base has it worse?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Oct 8, 2013.

?

Which NFL fan has it worse

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

78 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. Houston Texans

29 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. NY Giants

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Atlanta Falcons

17 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. Dallas Cowboys

10 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Jacksonville Jaguars?
    NY Giants?
    Houston Texans?
    Atlanta Falcons?
    Dallas Cowboys?

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Giants.
    Nothing beats being winless.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

2 people really think we have it worse than jacksonville? Really??

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jacksonville and it's not even close.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Who cares about other fans? I can't prove it, but I don't think most owners respect McNair. I think they see him as a businessman first and a competitor second. Uncle Bob seems to be satisfied as long as the tickets, jerseys, beer, and nachos sell.

If McNair cared about winning, Kubiak would have been shown the door years ago, but Kubiak won't rock the boat and old school businessman prefer yes men.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's nice. So, what was your vote again?

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I wholeheartedly agree. I voted the Texans because they matter to us. N.Y. has won multiple Super Bowls. No tears for them. So has Dallas (but not lately). Jacksonville is a mess, but I don't live there. I wonder about McNair. He has made some silly choices, but who is advising him? His extensions to Kubiak and Schuab may not have been his ideas. We can't be for sure.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

I was debating between the Falcons and Giants. Jacksonville didn't cross my mind because they are use to losing so that is what they expect.

9. Grinds

Grinds Member

In order

Houston
    Jacksonville
    Atlanta
    NY
    Dallas

Definitely not Dal or NY. They have multiple ships and constant pub. Jacksonville sucks but they dont have the in city hatred Houston. We have to deal with Houaton born Cowboy fans and people from NO. Both better franchises. BTW.. Houston never won anything.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

How are the Giants even in the conversation with 2 rings in the past 6 years????

11. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Jags, and it's not even close.

The Texans, Giants and Falcons were all expected to be competitive this year. Their poor play has been an aberration, and while frustrating, leaves hope that things may turn around.

Eff the Cowboys.

The Jags are doormats, were expected to be doormats, and have no future other than doormat-dom. It's a sad time to be a Jags fan.

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

edit in-city hatred Houston does

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

JAX is barely an NFL team. Seriously. they don't look like an NFL team. They don't play like an NFL team. They don't have the feel of an NFL market in any way whatsoever. What a ridiculous mistake. Their team is the first team mentioned the minute anybody talks about relocation.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know what Texan's fans would do if the team lost to the Jets on MNF. Texans just love their football and they are passionate about it. They'll shut the city down if the Texans win the superbowl and they'll shut the city down if the Texans lose to the Jaguars. It is what it is.

I pick the Falcons. The giants can still make it with their division not looking so hot. The jaguars didn't enter the season with much expectation. But the Falcons??? Some picked them to go to the superbowl and they are 1-4 after losing to the Jets??? I think the Texans will be in the same boat if they lose to the Rams next week.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

We're talking about right now not a couple years ago. Plus you could argue they have it worse as superbowl champs missing the playoffs the next year and competing for the worst record the year after that.

16. macho87

macho87 Member

Falcons season is over.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

That's a little absurd. Hindsight is always 20/20 (re: Kubiak and Schaub extensions), but do you think he would have allowed them to spend big money in FA on Joseph and Manning if he weren't serious about winning?

He may be loyal to a fault but I think he is absolutely a competitor. And nobody was complaining about the Kubiak extension for the last 2 years. In the midst of the 2011 season it looked like Kubiak/Wade was the perfect coaching combination.

If you want to see a business first owner, look at our Astros. I get not wasting money on salary right now, but the hideous ad space in LF and the whole CSN deal just reek of greed.

18. Grinds

Grinds Member

Well, RIGHT NOW, the Giants are only 2 years removed from an SB and are a top 5 franchise historically. They don't belong in this discussion. I'll take NY's last 2 seasons for a ring. Most sensible fans would.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

THIS.

Cowboys have enough for them to have the false sense that they are actually good....

Jags...have nothing.

Giants, weren't anticipating to be THIS bad. And their fans haven't endured too much pain lately.

20. Grinds

Grinds Member

There were many fans unhappy with Kubiak's (and Schaub's) extension. Where have you been?