1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets signs Nick Johnson to 3 year deal; expects Llull to stay in Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 22, 2014.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I wonder if he paid attention to the Trey Thompkins situation. Trey was drafted one pick before Parsons. He got a 2 year contract for 1.2 million, and is now out of the league. If he had signed the same contract as Parsons, he would have made 2.6 million.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Johnson is ready to put on the colors and get to work.. ROCKETS

[​IMG]

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Right,but 1st round picks give those years because they have financial guarantees up front in case they're a bust.

2nd round pick contracts are not guaranteed, so what is the point of 4 years? If you prove you can play after 2, then the sooner you get to make real money.
    If you prove you can't play after 2 years, well you get cut anyway.

So if you're confident you'll make it, why sign up for another year or 2 of getting underpaid?

4. Remii

Remii Member

From what I've seen of him in the summer league games I do not believe he's NBA ready at this moment. That doesn't mean I don't think he'll be a good player though. The D-league will be really good for him IMO... BUT, it's not like he has strong competition in front of him.

Are you sure Trey was even offered the same contract as Parsons during his negotiations...??? Maybe the team didn't have the faith to lock him down for that long or maybe they didn't have the cap space to offer him a contract like Parsons received.

Just the same I think Nick is a guy who will end up sticking around in the NBA so the 2 year deal with a team option for the 3rd year is good for him... Especially if he turns out to be a good player.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Happy to be apart of the rockets family officially!</p>&mdash; Nick Johnson (@iRocket3) <a href="https://twitter.com/iRocket3/statuses/492707590472626177">July 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    [​IMG]

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons' contract was guaranteed for the first two years like a 1st round contracts would be. The second round contracts do not HAVE TO BE guaranteed, but they are ALLOWED TO BE guaranteed, in part or in whole, as long as the team and the player agree to having a guaranteed contract.

In fact, the guaranteed money on Parsons' contract is the value given by the Rockets in exchange for Parsons to agree to the two non-guaranteed years.

7. i3artow i3aller

Hopefully he's working on his 3 ball.

15 Summer League Games

13.4 ppg 44% fg 23% 3fg 80% FT 4.9 rebs 3.5 asts 1.4 stls 0.53 blks

8. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I hope his game will remain going in hard and penetrating and not get soft, unable to finish in the hole. He needs to bang around and see if he can finish off any penetration attempt whether it be straight down the middle or from the back door.

He needs to insert himself into the O and take command of the flow. Let's just hope his D can hold down any task.

Penis.

1 person likes this.
  9. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Our Johnson is actually big depending which slot we put him in. I'm guessing he will be playing behind both Beverley and Harden though, not much unlike Lin did.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He deemed the jerseys too ugly to be caught in, even if dead..