1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard and James Harden CAN Win A Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by p10maggs, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

How about we focus on getting out of the first round. This team ain't even sniffing the chip until Pops, Parker and Duncan retire.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That might be important in a 2-on-2 tournament.

Having said that, I'd still take HH over the LAC duo.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, he is a pretty good role player.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ibaka is actually a dwight lite.

5. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

First off, OKC has three - count ibaka. SA has 3 - count ginobili (maybe leonard?). (If cleveland gets Love they'll have 3)

Second - OKC, cleveland, Indiana, and the clippers haven't won a championship...so I'm not sure how you can use them in your argument...:confused: nobody is saying you need a "big three" to be good...people say you need it to win the whole thing...and that brings me to #3...

Third - look at the teams that have won the championships lately
    Spurs - duncan, parker, ginobili (and usually some good young talent)
    Lakers - Kobe and shaq (much better duo than howard/harden in their prime) and they had a glen rice or eddie jones who were very good at the time (better than just role players). Or a kobe, bynum, good gasol
    Celtics - peirce allen garnett
    miami - james wade bosh

Also, in the playoffs, teams are good enough to stop your #1 and #2 options sometimes, so you need that third guy and some other clutch players.

dirk winning it on his own was the exception (and damn impressive) and the pistons. so you dont NEED 3, obviously...but I think (and the general consensus) is that you should really aim to get at least 3 top tier players to win and then hope some of your young talent on cheap contracts help out as well.

6. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

1) Kobe is the best SG in the league and will remain the best til he retires. That coming from a Kobe hater.
    2) Not even arguably, he is the best C in the league.

Them two will not win a title imo...sadly.

7. Fantasma Negro

Yeah but this team needs vet leadership. wouldn't be opposed to signing a guy like Dahantay Jones to mentor these guys. I know he's excited about reuniting with his old teammate Jay Williams but I would love to have Shane Battier as our defensive coordinator

8. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

preposterous, they haven't even played a game together yet. Not even Nostradamus knows if they're "more balanced and better fit."

The game is played on the court, not in our imaginations.

9. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

Harden is the best at his position, by default.

Kobe's old and injured. Wade is worn down and has knee problems. The title pretty much fell onto Harden's lap.

Harden has a big shadow looming over him after these last 2 years of stinking it up in the playoffs. Something ain't right, here.