1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors unveil alternate blacks! (with sleeves..)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NL Rocket, Sep 29, 2014.

1. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

sleeved jerseys are f****ing terrible. they need to stop

2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I like them. A personal opinion is one thing, but following up with "they need to stop" without any objective argument... smh

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

looks like a practice jersey or something. i do like the logo on there though.

4. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

So is every other team going to be allowed alternate black jerseys except the Rockets??

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Next come the sponsors.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

"Houston uses a lot of yellow even though it's not their primary or secondary color."

"Houston uses a lot of yellow even though it's not their primary or secondary color."

Ok:rolleyes:

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Seems like it, that concept of the red logo on an all-black jersey would probably scare too many people in the league!!

9. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I don't have a problem with sleeved jerseys, but the collar seems awkward to me.

10. conquistador#11

they got to add a collar to that v neck and maybe one chase bank logo. go in all the way or not at all..that's what j lawrence said.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sorta like the Texans red collar?

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Those look terrible

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pushing the sleeved jersies on us is being done to gain more sales from people who don't buy jersies because they don't want to show so much skin, and/or to have the space to put on advertising. Neither makes the product better for us, so change should be resisted.

In what way would it be an 'alternate' if they used the same colors they always use?

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If more people want to buy it because they're more comfortable wearing sleeves, it DOES make the product better for that part. Other people can still buy the sleeveless versions, so I don't see the issue.

15. downbytheriver

Weren't the rox banned from using black for an alternate? During the Francis era?

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

Here's a few...

From my perspective, they play in air conditioned arenas, not outdoors in the sun... so the visual itself is ridiculous...

From a few players perspectives... those that I have at least heard give an opinion on sleeved jerseys, whether it's physically valid or just mental... have complained about it's restrictiveness affecting shooting motion...

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think you would agree that it's just as hard to provide an objective argument for them to continue.

Personally, I'd like them to add a pocket to the front. And possibly a button-down version. I think it projects an air of civility, and sophistication.

18. NotChandlerParsons

What's odd is we have some in the store don't we? I've seen people with black Harden/Howard jerseys at games, they look pretty good IMO.