1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Homosexuality Objectionable To You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by nono, Sep 29, 2014.

Tags:
?

Is Homosexuality objectionable to you ?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. nono

nono Member

Just a curious poll.

2. nono

nono Member

Also, poll is anonymous.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Two options - guess that makes you bi-curious.

1 person likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I always thought that THIS was being curious with a pole...:eek:

5. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

It isn't right. It isn't normal. It isn't natural.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Intellectually, no. Emotionally, yes.

Much the same as boobs; intellectually I know they are just modified sweat glands intended for nourishing infants and every one of the 3 billion females on the planet has them; infact they are not so different from the ones on my own chest. But emotionally I always react to them.

So for my public reaction to homosexuality I always try to be supported of free choice, allow for differences in genetics and hormones and understand that more love in any form is better. But I still can't watch two men kiss.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are you talking about homosexual acts or are you talking about the concept of homosexuality.

If you are talking about acts, I do not find Lesbian acts objectionable unless they are fat and ugly. I generally don't mind gay acts unless they are fat and ugly. I am also jealous of their ability to groom and dress really well.

I don't like it though when gay men acts like a b**** though, I find that annoying as hell to deal with

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Of course I'm never going to be able to fully empathize with any homosexual man because I myself am not a homosexual.

However, I won't be the bigoted douche that tells them that what they are doing is wrong/immoral/weird/nasty/etc. Yeah its strange to me but it also doesn't affect me. There is literally no harm done to anyone by letting gays marry and consummate.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm quite sure my old foggie emotional reaction has been ingrained in me through peer group conditioning. I think in 30 years when the young people of today become middle aged their reaction will be close to indifference.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's a natural phenomenon. I can object to it as much as I object to someone born with downs syndrome.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Say it ain't so, Analacudda.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see it as a harmless personality disorder, in that it is a departure from natural biological function, but it's not objectionable to me any more than someone having mild OCD......and far less objectionable than someone being born ginger.

That may not be a popular opinion, but it is what it is.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

Hmm. It's more like eating frogs..some find it delicious, some may vomits ..

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Objectionable?

To me it's just an illness that can't be cured. People w/ MS, people with skin conditions, people w/ any other issue are normal people, 'cept a few things because of their condition.

In reality, the only difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual is their sex life and physical/sexual attraction. I don't think homosexuals are inherently flamboyant, I think that is a coping mechanism because they feel different and don't know how to express it.

So someone wheelchair bound can't ever run, they can't ever play traditional sports, other than that, there is no difference. I feel the same way about homosexuals.

Naturally it's "gross' to me, to think about two men getting at it, but I don't squirm at their site or anything. I feel the same way about hetero PDA, get a room! Also, I grew up w/ a gay uncle and gay cousins. I didn't have a clue my uncle was gay until I was 14 and was asked to stop saying "that's gay," because it upset my grandmother. I said why would she care? My brother responded with "because [Uncle's name] is gay." I said "what? no he's not." He said, "who do you think that guy is he has been living with for 15 years?" rrrr his best friend?! From that point on, I realized there is not much different about GAY people.

It's those obnoxious fairies that are annoying, the ones that dress absurd, and just beg for attention. I think that way about all people who dress and act obnoxious though.

15. bongman

bongman Member

I agree, it is just an opinion.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what I don't get is why people are so threatened about gay marriage. I mean allowing two consenting adults to receive the benefits of marriage doesn't hurt anyone.

I mean it might be against your status quo or whatever, but in the end there's really no real harm done to you or your heterosexual marriage.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Guys who are uncomfortable with same sex relations only seem to think of male/male relations. It's interesting.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You recognize that homosexuality and bisexuality are common among other species too, right?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how that's relevant.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only time I would find homosexuality objectionable is if MY wife decided to LEAVE me for a woman. I would be all good with her bringing another woman into our relationship so long as she is attractive and isn't a b*tch.