1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Yet another Kevin Love hand injury could create an opportunity (UPDATE: Love re-fractures hand)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BeeBeard, Jan 4, 2013.

1. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

UPDATE: 1/5/2013 at 5:10pm

<HR>
    Kevin Love injured his shooting hand again last night in a game against the Denver Nuggets.

Love was already weathering a season riddled by injuries and disappointments. He had been steadily recovering from numerous breaks to the same hand that kept him sidelined for 9 games at the start of the season. Then he sprained the thumb on his shooting hand, and that injury was severe enough to require X-rays. THEN he even sustained an eye injury when a Thunder player mistook his retina for the basketball. This is what Kevin Love looks like now:

[​IMG]

(Photo Courtesy, AP Sports)

Kevin Love has also fallen out of favor with the Timberwolves' organization and their fan base after making controversial comments questioning the direction of the team and his own role on it. Vocal members of the media and parties within the Wolves' organization have publicly questioned the authenticity of Love's injuries and his ongoing commitment to winning. A player who was once the pride of Minnesota is now relentlessly booed during Timberwolves home games.

ClutchFans, we've talked in the past about how nice it would be to get Kevin Love, but never with sincerity as though such a thing was ever actually possible. It was more wishful thinking than anything else.

My question for you is this: Now that Kevin Love has sustained so many weird injuries to his shooting hand that it has basically swollen into a lobster claw, a lifeless kung fu grip, does this represent an historic buy-low opportunity for Kevin Love? Does this new, recent injury move the needle far enough towards Love being a player the Rockets could now realistically obtain--this season--before the February trade deadline? Why or why not?

2. allaroundplayer

He looks overweight this season.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

4. Postcall

Postcall Member

Nah I am holding out for lebron to get a papercut.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I still don't think Love gets traded. And even if he does, I'm not sure the Rockets can put up the best package. Love isn't Harden, with hidden potential hiding in the guise of 6th man playing 3rd fiddle. Love has put up superstar numbers.

I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority, but I'd give up Parsons, Asik(in a 3-way since Minnesota has a center) and one of our young PF for Love.

6. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

I think Minnesota at times plays better without Love," Karl said. "They're kind of a machine-like offense. They give guys different opportunities. But they're pretty good."

7. Jedster

Jedster Member

Much as I really like Love, we have a rebounding machine in Asik already, and we don't need Love's 3 pts.
    What the Rockets do need is a guy who can finish alley oops, and have a block party every night.
    I could be wrong and I'm open to someone explaining why.

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Dude, I know it's not possible, but Serge Ibaka would be perfect for this team.

9. Comic Book Nerd

Agreed. But a decent jump shot or 3 point shooting is still very desirable to spread the floor and open lanes

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

Not sure if Serge can stretch the defense out like Love. But Serge would be perfect for many teams.

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Yeah, but I feel like we need a athletic PF who can block the $hit out of anyone and then run with guys like Lin, Harden, Parsons, etc. Ibaka would be great for that.

12. Viola

Viola Member

:cool: This.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man I love Parsons, but I think Minny would jump at the chance to get more white players; especially ones with boy band looks.

2 people like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

As for Love, not holding my breath. (Not yet anyways.)

15. allaroundplayer

You are describing Jones to a T! ;)

if they decide to trade him, wouldn't Miami send Bosh to Minnesota for him?

16. pnr

pnr Member

He's been worse at shooting the 3 than even Lin this season. His defense is really bad. I wouldn't give up too much for him.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Idk if I'm good with giving up Parsons... that contract is so nice!

I would happily give up anyone and everyone outside of the 4 other starters (Harden, Lin, Parsons, Asik).... while trying to keep either DMo or TJones.... I'd like it even more if they wanted to throw in Derrick Williams....then we'd be serious contenders....

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In morey we trust

20. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Geez ... your GM 'scoffing' at your potential market value (not much off, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get an offer above $10M, easily) ... took a page from the Carmelo/JR Smith book of supporting a player in the organization.

It is one thing to let a player test his market value and try to dampen it by saying the organization will just match (like Morey did with Lowry, and the Knicks said they would do with Lin but didn't) ... but to outright 'scoff' at a number?

Kahn ...