1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Jordan Hill's Game time Focus

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ross84, Jan 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

This is not meant to insult Jordan Hill or anyone, but I'm a bit curious if others have noticed the same thing. There are some games where it just looks like Jordan Hill is zoned out and his mind is simply not in the game and other games where he just looks focused and plays very well. I really think that he has A.D.D. I have many friends with this and I can see the similarities. Kinda baseless but hey, you never know.

Again, this post is not meant to be an insult. If you think its a silly post (which I'm sure many will), please lock.

Ross84

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I have noticed he is not a particularly intense guy. Not outwardly anyway.

I always prefer to see a fire in a player's eyes, but some just aren't built that way.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Didn't Jordan Hill start playing basketball at a later age then most basketball players?

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

He looks like he only plays this game for the money. He doesnt really care about being great. He just wants to be good enough to be in the NBA

5. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I'm tired of this excuse. So did Hakeem. Jordan Hill has a low motor and low basketball IQ. This was all a part of his scouting report. He is who we (and D'Antoni) think he is.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it could be that, but its like 1 good game, 2 bad games, 1 good game, 3 bad games, 1 good game, 1 bad game.

If he was just playing for the money, you'd think you'd see consistent mediocrity rather than going up and down so much.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't his scouting report say he had a great motor?

9. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I agree as well. I think he has great hustle, but is a little unfocused. Aderall has worked for many people. Who knows, possibly it could make a difference for him as well. I'm not a doctor, but thats just my naive opinion.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is my rendering of what Jordan Hill focuses on during gametime

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BVECpIxrR_0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Geez man, the guy is still learning, it is quite obvious. With that you will have good games and bad games, don't get why people can't understand this point. He's been playing for such a short period of time in probably the most difficult position in basketball, obviously there is going to be a steep learning curve. The franchise would be idiotic to let this guy go, he's a legit NBA talent, I think fans should give him some time. I think people do so the talent he has and that's why they are so frustrated with him.

12. The Situation

The Situation Member

Sometimes I just think he's high

13. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

i don't know chrisbosh i don't see very much talent

14. kidcave9

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7p3sSWHplQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7p3sSWHplQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4CYkDXshVM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4CYkDXshVM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kj_qPnzryqw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUryfSTOxX0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I mean look at this...

The guy has ridiculous talent.

Why did he just stop dunking all of a sudden?

Why doesn't he post up strong anymore?

Why doesn't he demand position on the block?

16. kidcave9

[​IMG]

anybody has talent when they are walking everywhere

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Someone doesn't know what a travel is...

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I just have this "feeling" that Hill is going to have to decide which he wants: a "partying" lifestyle or a career in the NBA. I think that there are reasons he is often "zoned" out.

19. kidcave9

i guess :)

it's a violation of da rules though

[​IMG]

20. AggieRocketsFan

Maybe he got the memo that every play can't be a dunk-contest dunk.