1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Jul 13, 2015.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Exactly 7 days away from season.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watch a lot of Pac-12 too. I don't think Sark is the answer at USC and Oregon should be favored.

Can't wait for the rematch with MSU in East Lansing. Last year's game was a classic. I think Sparty gets revenge because Mariota won't be around to make game-changing plays.

3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Oregon will definitely have their hands full due to MSU revenge, Connor Cook experience & home field for Sparty.

Oregon has the horses to beat MSU on the road, but Lockie or Adams has to limit TO's. Big CFP determining game.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Too busy fretting about their first game. ;)

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Illinois has fired Tim Beckman, source tells <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSports">@FOXsports</a>. its reported by footballscoop</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/637328588899905537">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: Didn't realize the school was investigating him.

http://www.fightingillini.com/news/2015/8/28/Football_0828155855.aspx

From one hour ago, ha.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One Week!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OSKEE15?src=hash">#OSKEE15</a> <a href="http://t.co/qbE58N5OfX">pic.twitter.com/qbE58N5OfX</a></p>&mdash; Tim Beckman (@coachbeckman) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachbeckman/status/637317588285042688">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#125 J.R., Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Vernon Adams will start the first game against his old team. Helfrich realizes Adams gives them the best chance against MSU and he needs a warm-up.

Royce Freeman is my darkhorse Heisman candidate. A dangerously mobile QB like Adams will make it impossible for teams to load up on Freeman and his average per carry could be something crazy.

7. TheresTheDagger

How bout them Griz?

My alma mater defeats the defending FOUR time FCS champions North Dakota State on national television on 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line with SIX seconds left after driving 75 yards in 1:34 including a 4th and 10 conversion to keep the drive alive.

Whew!

What a way to start football season!

8. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Big win for Montana. Congrats!

9. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Well, finally game week has arrived my friends. Looking forward to Thursday's game UofM @ Utah. Harbs making his UM debut, Utes might be underrated this year.

10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I just moved back from that part of the country and I worked with several Illinois alumni/fans.

That entire athletic department is a tire fire right now (the women's basketball program has been investigated for similar things as well), and their AD Mike Thomas is a lame duck at this point, so the faithful is left more or less waiting out the clock for him to be canned so that the next guy can hire a coach.

What will be interesting to see is what comes out when the full report on the football program is delivered at some point during the season. They promoted OC Bill Cubit to interim head coach. So far, the athletic department has done all they can to distance themselves from Beckman and make it look as if he was acting alone, but the odds of that actually being the case are slim, at least in my mind. What happens if the final report shows that Cubit is just as guilty as Beckman? Do they show him the door as well? Then what?

12. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

TCU visiting Minnesota
    A&M vs Arizona St in Houston
    Texas visiting Notre Dame
    Baylor visiting SMU

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That was a great game. I was really rooting for you guys, congrats! Great exposure for the entire FCS.

Incidentally, your stadium/campus is STUNNINGLY beautiful.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I know it's football season now that I'm convinced Auburn will choke away their opener. A personal tradition of mine.

15. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

We need the week 1 thread up and running!