1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe for Papa (and fillers) a real possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 24, 2014.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Yep, already posted.

3. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

What if they asked for

Kostas Papanikolaou, Terence Jones, Alozono Gee, Clint Capela,, Hopson, and Powell and Pelicans Draft pick...

Honestly i would give that package to them.

1 Houston needs a real pg, and

2 Bledsoe is probably finally healthy now, thats why hes wanting a max contract, and he knows what hes worth.

3. Having a Big 3 could propell houston to maybe going deep into the playoffs, instead of being looked at as #8 Seed this year...

Pull the Trigger Morey, Dmo can handle the starting role, with Adrien backing him up.....

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Let me start by saying I would love to have Bledsoe, but I really hate the thought behind your second bullet. Max contracts are earned. With the recent murmurs of Rubio expecting a max as well, it seems that players feel they deserve a max contract without the body of work that usually precedes it. In Bledsoe's case, it is injuries that have held him back. I'd rather have a guy playing slightly below his contract for 75+ games than a guy playing above his contract for 40.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Not usually how it works.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

How do you feel about Parsons Max contract, earned? Bledsoe was at least the best player on the Suns.

8. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

I hear where your coming from. but if you look at it another way. Say if bledsoe comes to houston and plays great. Then in the middle of the season we are looking at the rockets matching 2 or 3 best record in the west, and he tweeks his injury. Well he has time to heal for the playoffs and Beverely is always a great replacement, and we dont lose much ground if he can come back healthy or what not. Plus what if Harden/Howard goes down this year? Wouldnt you think having Bledsoe could keep houston from dropping real hard out of the mix? I just look at it this way, for those thinking about wasted seasons, look at what the pacers are scrambling now to just make the playoffs.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why would Phoenix want a frigging potato as the centerpiece in exchange for Eric Bledsoe?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think the insider got confused when he overhead Bledsoe ordering tapas.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Correct, which is why I'd rather have Dragic. Yes, Bledsoe has unlimited potential, but if there weren't questions about his ability to stay healthy, the Suns would never entertain trading him, at least not for what Morey could offer.

Dragic would be perfect, and presumably cost less than Bledsoe, perhaps allowing Morey to keep enough assets to either upgrade the four or the bench. This is why I'm hoping the Suns up their offer enough to allow Bledsoe to save face and sign.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I don't think Parsons earned a max contract, hence, I agree with not matching.

13. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

After the Yao and T-Mac injury woes, I'm very apprehensive to test the logic. By the same route of thinking, if Bledsoe stays healthy in the regular season and tweaks his injury in the first game of the playoffs, it would be devastating. No point in playing the what-if game, as there are an infinite number of avenues to support ones premise. I like the player, just not at a max contract. As always, I hope to be proved wrong.

14. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

BRO! They are not trading Dragic. Can't some of you people understand this...

He is part of the reason the team was so sucessful last year.. Stop with the pipe dream guys, the reason bledsoe is even being mention is because he not willing to accept his qualifying offer and is being hard to obtain,

thus suns are looking to trade him because they feel hes is being hard on the suns cause he doesn't really want to be there and wants to get traded to a better team like houston or better team that will be going to the playoffs.

Suns are not trading Dragic period.....

15. Bob Barker 007

I would consider your belief that Adrien and DMo will be able to take over the role filled by Jones/DMo to be a "pipe dream." In my personal opinion, DMo is not ready to fill the starting role, and I believe losing Jones, even for Bledsoe, creates a serious hole.

16. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

TPE for a PF...

I'd have issues trading Koopa, that would leave a bigger hole than Jones IMO.

17. bmd

bmd Member

I would hate for the Rockets to have their own Eric Gordon situation...

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Beldsoe would be awesome for us for about 40 games a year.

19. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

starting PF or backup SF...its pretty obvious that Ariza is the starting SF and that losing Jones is more of a hole than losing KPap.... The only reason he was signed to begin with IMO is to be able to match salaries in a trade/maintain future flexibility.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Can Papa be traded?