1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa Call-Up Warning Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Apr 30, 2015.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

2-9, 2B, 2 BB, 3 R.

2. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

i'm all for it and cool if the Astros want to wait to preserve some leverage. They have been pretty darn good without him so far but if they think they can compete in 2015, he should come up with the injury to Lowrie.

Exit question, when Lowrie comes back and assuming Correa is the starting SS and doing well, what happens to him? Does he or Correa take over 3B? Could Lowrie play 1B? I'm pretty sure he didn't sign on to the Astros as a utility infielder..so what would give? (a Trade?)

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I honestly don't think the Astros expected to have that issue this year. Correa has a cannon and profiles as a much better 3B, but he's the future and they won't move him off SS until they have to.

If we are winning I highly doubt they would trade contributors unless the offer helped us win this season. My guess is Lowrie becomes the Ben Zobrist super utility guy who still manages to play almost every day. Lowrie has to know when he signed that Correa was the SS when he was ready.

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yeah, I love Lowrie's veteran presence and he's always come through with the bat. If he can stay healthy, he'd be huge for the Astros in the 2nd half. He could probably play 3B and 1B in addition to SS, DH and 2B so maybe you are right, they have him move all over the place to get him in. Hope he sticks even if/when Correa comes up.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Interesting comments from Luhnow. Correa will be up sooner than we think.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Luhnow on Correa: If there's an adjustment period, which I don't know that there is, I want him to have it at Triple-A rather than MLB</p>&mdash; MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/599954081084534785">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More Luhnow &quot;He'll be here soon enough. I am not worried about that. As far as Super 2, we have another CBA between now and then anyway&quot;</p>&mdash; MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/599954260424396800">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I don't remember the exact quote, but I do remember Lowrie said something when he signed about wanting to be here long term, and having no problem moving around to different positions when the time came. Yea, I don't think him or anyone else thought that time would come this soon, but if he truly came here wanting to stay, the fact that we are doing so well and Correa looks better than ever should just be a positive for him

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Carlos Correa in 9 games at AAA Fresno: .326/.362/.558, 7 K, 3 BB, 2 HR, 4 2B. Pretty good. I guess you could even call it super too.</p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/601763300649598977">May 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. SuraGotMadHops

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Astros always wanted a winning/competitive culture for Correa to settle himself into.

The last thing they needed was for him to come to the big leagues and just go through the motions. Because those type of players just put up numbers but don't actually change a team for the better.

Luhnow wanted to establish a winning culture for his prime minor league talent. And it seems that the culture establishment is a bit a head of schedule. It wasn't too long ago that Correa's ETA was 2017. Talk about putting the throttle to the metal.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Kudos to Lunhow for setting a winning culture throughout the Houston Astros pipeline. Regarding Correa and him just going through the motions if he was on a non-competitive big league team doesnt compute with me though. Of course you want him in a winning situation but the mental makeup of that kid is by far the strongest I have ever seen. He is natural born leader and would not allow himself and others to just go through the motions for the sake of going through the motions. His draft day interview at the tender age of 17 blew me away with how composed he was already. The kid is something special in more ways than on the field.

Cant wait for us Astros fans to cheer this guy doing big things in 'The Show' for a long time to come.

1 person likes this.
  13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Pedal to the metal

1 person likes this.
  14. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Balls to the petal.

15. xAliceInChains

To the window to the wall

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

*Entire Houston fan base when Correa finally gets called up to the majors*

SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

1 person likes this.
  17. Orange

Orange Member

People keep saying June. June what? June first?

18. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

After June 15th. I think that's the day they've been "aiming" at...

19. Txst

Txst Member

We have a home stand the last week of June vs NYY and KC, look for him then.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

A debut against the Yankees would be real nice. Put him in those NYC households and start that nationwide Correa brand.