1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do any NYC-based TEXANS fans get together to watch TEXANS games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox225, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I've been living in NYC now for almost 4 years and have only watched a few Texans games on TV. I would get DirecTV if I lived in a building that permitted satellite dishes, so that's not an option.

I was wondering if any of our NYC-based Clutchfans who are TEXANS fans get together to watch the games during the season? If so, I'm ready to join the fray.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If you are in NYC and watching Texan games you seriously have thrill issues dude.

3. Rox225

I'm not a native NY'er. Born and raised in Houston. Have lived here long enough to know that during football season this city is either watching Giant blue or Jet green. No thrills to be had on football Sundays...that's what Friday and Saturday are for.

1 person likes this.
  4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Goes in the HOUSTON SPORTS forum...

and a great reply to your first reply indeed, sir. :eek: GO TEXANS!

5. Rox225

Thanks Swoly, I figured that since I wasn't addressing anything regarding the actual Texans team, and just my desire to watch with fellow fans, that I'd throw it in the Hangout. Mods, move if necessary.

Texans fans in NY have to stick together. We are not only severely outnumbered by JET/GIANT fans, but also Cowgirl fans :)

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i don't know where it belongs, technically :rolleyes: , but to me, it totally makes sense putting it in the hangout. you are the biggest little nitpicker on earth SwoLy, damn.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's a "Texan" and what games do they play?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think the Texans might be one of the only teams in NYC that doesn't have a dedicated fan-in-exile bar. I mean i've seen niners bars, bengals bars, redskins, broncos, eagles, pats. .... hell even a couple of places claim to be SD Chargers bars - but I don't think the Texans have been around long enough to build an NYC fan base.