1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Star-Telegram]The Mavericks could be without All-Star Dirk Nowitzki tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowaming, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/11066118.htm

Posted on Sun, Mar. 06, 2005

Ailing right knee could shelve Nowitzki today

By Art Garcia

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

HOUSTON - The Mavericks could be without All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki for today's nationally televised showdown against the Houston Rockets.

Nowitzki began experiencing swelling in his right knee after Friday's 108-103 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers and wasn't able to practice Saturday in Houston for today's noon start. The knee has been giving him trouble for the past week.

Nowitzki received treatment while the team worked out at the Toyota Center and was noncommittal regarding his status for today's game.

"We see how it feels in the morning," Nowitzki said. "I don't know if I'll play."

He's missed only one game this season, and that was due to a sprained ankle in November.

Nowitzki's situation is part of the team's continuing battle with injuries. Going into last Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers, the Mavs were cautiously optimistic about their health. Other than Erick Dampier's being on the injured list because of a stress fracture in his right foot, coach Don Nelson had his full complement of players four days ago.

Finley out vs. Rockets

Michael Finley came out of Wednesday's loss with a left calf contusion and missed the Lakers game. He's pronounced himself out against the Rockets.

Keith Van Horn dislocated his right ring finger twice Friday and could have a ligament tear. He plans to play today with the finger heavily taped, but isn't sure how it will affect him because the injury is on his shooting hand.

Devin Harris slightly sprained his left ankle during Thursday's practice and didn't play against the Lakers. The rookie point guard expects to be available today.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No Dampier
    No Finley
    Perhaps no Dirk
    KVH with a heavily taped finger wonderin how his play will be

WOW! GREAT opportunity for the Rockets to take this game! Quite frankly with those key players out of the game the Rockets have ZERO excuses to not win this one.

Looks like the Mavs are a wounded animal, time for the Rockets to go for the jugular!

3. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

I hope we don't lose this game!!!!!!!

#3 Yaowaming, Mar 6, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Make sure to grab a rebound while you are in there.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Keep out of Foul trouble 2...:p :p

6. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

No more counterstrike! work on ya the game you're gettin paid for !!!!

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

this should be a blow out

Rocket River

8. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

well, this is good news (hopefully) for the Rockets

... but I have tickets for the game - and I did NOT pay $75 to see Tmac take it to Shawn Bradley and Keith Van Horn !

:mad:

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We "should" have beaten Utah at home last week.

Any way we can get it, we will take a win. We need one!

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hate to sound like a traitor, but I might not even watch this one. The Rockets play like absolute crap on Sunday. And the earlier the game, the worse it could be. Good thing it's....they do play in Dallas, right? That helps a bit.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

dude - its here

12. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

At this point, I'd like to see a win. The bottom line is with or w/o Dirk, Finley, etc. we've been slowly declining and a win is badly needed. We should've beat Utah (at home and w/o Boozer). We could have won at Washington (up by 7 late in the fourth), and could've and should've beat Seattle.

Right now, I'd take a win over U of H. Let's get back on track this afternoon.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

an admin should change your contributing member to TRAITOR!

14. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

eh true

although still doesn't change the fact that we need to start winning against teams with their rosters INTACT.

teams like dallas won't have nowitzki, finley, etc out when it comes playoff time for each time.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dirk officially out.

But, they still have more talent than the Jazz did... thus, nothing is guaranteed.

16. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

BEA-U-TI-FUL!

That Nowitzki does bad, bad things to the Rockets. I'm glad he won't be playing. Much easier game to win, now.

EDIT: Just discovered the gametime was at 12:00. OFFICIALLY PISSED!!:mad:

#16 rockets-#1, Mar 6, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2005