1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well we wanted a playmaker. This certainly points to this guy making big plays.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Fuller is the type of guy that will make impact, game changing plays. He'll turn a 5 yard toss into a 35 yard gain. 3rd and 3 resulting in a 25 yard gain. Big plays.

He's the the type of difference maker that this team has been missing. Emanuel Sanders, DeSean Jackson type stuff.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Really one game bwhahaha.

4. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I really liked Josh Doctson but I hope he is as good as advertised (minus the drops). Sterling Shepard is who I think they should have drafted who is still available in the second round.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I hear ya...Brock gonna have to back it up on the field indeed =)

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

7. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I love the fact that this team gravitates to guys who were 2/3 star recruits that worked to get where they're at. Another player who loves football and wants to get better (which gives me hope about his hands). Fuller will not only be a good fit for this offense but will help multiple players in the offense. Good pick.

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

1 person likes this.
  9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Fuller is crying bc he's so happy to be a Texan...he should be getting nothing but love from the fans. So what if he has shown poor hands, that's something you can improve on. Looking forward to watching him grow.

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

That's a small frame WR. Hopefully it will work out to his advantage beating corners down the field

11. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

I like how he showed emotion after getting picked and wanting to be a Texan before hand, usually you don't see a player do that. Seems like a well behaved kid. Remember when he posted that IG pic of him in the Texans uniform. Our offense has gotten so much faster with him and Miller.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

His hands should improve, his new teammate is Deandre ****ing Hopkins. He's gonna work with him. Great pick. Best receiver available.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

14. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

His arms and hands are unnaturally small, like a TRex.
    Even on his "highlights" you seem him make a basket for the ball to fall into, and even then have a hard time grabbing it.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I love that so many people here don't like this pick. Makes me feel good that we have something. Rick Smith sucks at a lot of things but his 1st round track record isn't bad.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Glad we added a possible playmaker... I like the way our offense is rebuilding. Really was hoping for Coleman but It is what it is.

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

Just remember how many times we had to see 50 year old Nate Washington run deep routes for us last year (especially the Pats game when Dhop was being doubled) and i'm ok with this pick.

They knew who they wanted and they went and got him.

18. smr6

smr6 Member

Nothing against Fuller, I just wasn't a fan of us going WR in the first round. But I knew it was always going to be WR.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Like many people, I think Doctson is gonna be the best receiver out of this group, I'm not as high on Treadwell.

Having said that, it's not hard at all to see why the Texans went this route. We desperately need to stretch defenses to get them out of the box for our running game. On top of the explosive plays that could come of it. Hopefully somebody else steps up to help move the chains on the shorter routes, because I doubt Fuller will be that guy. Jaelen Strong is a candidate to make that kind of jump.

Like virtually every pick, if he lives up to the expectation this will be a great pick, although it will hurt if Doctson becomes a stud.

20. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'm not so sure. One thing I didn't expect to see so much of in Fuller's highlights was the WR screen. He has a ton of plays where he catches the ball at or behind the LOS, and still manages to get double digit yardage. Dude can just explode upfield, and he sure seems to have a knack for squeezing through the defense.

Again, this guy isn't Heyward-Bey. His 40-time didn't make him. He was a STUD in college who also happened to run a great 40.