1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Appeals Court reinstates Tom Brady's Deflategate suspension

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by samtaylor, Apr 25, 2016.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

First question for any confirmation hearing:

"Do you support the Tom Brady or the NFL in their current pending case?"

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Has anyone read the full decision? I remember the lower ruling was about procedure violations by the NFL. Is this court saying that bc Brady lied and covered it up, Goodell was allowed to take unprecedented procedral steps?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Brady's only remaining avenue to avoid suspension is the U.S. Supreme Court. My understanding is that he has not ruled it out.</p>&mdash; Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/753223766730301440">July 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Federal appeals court rejects quarterback Tom Brady's latest attempt to overturn `Deflategate' suspension.</p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AP/status/753222362405953537">July 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brady's lawyer fees have reached $25 million! HAHAHAHAA

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think NFLPA is paying for it.

6. AFS

AFS Member

I mean, even if the Supreme Court did hear the case, by the time they heard arguments and issued an opinion, the 2016-2017 season would probably be over, right?

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The ESPN headline is really misleading.

"Patriots QB Tom Brady has Deflategate appeal denied by 2nd U.S. Circuit Court"

His appeal to re-hear the case with the entire regional court after being rejected by the 3 judge panel was denied.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Which makes more sense in a tiny internet sidebar container to non-legal readers - "appeal denied" or "Rehearing en banc denied"

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I would think it would be in someone's interest to pickup his legal fees, if indeed winning gives some interest group more power and financial opportunity. You gotta figure if this made it to the supreme court there is a bigger issue at stake and Tom Brady almost becomes irrelevant.

10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It will have ripple effects across all US businesses especially with any discipline penalties that deduct wage or salary.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Jimmy G right now

[​IMG]

The takevover now begins lol

12. conquistador#11

good.

this was never personal against brady, just business. It was a hit against an organization that has had several warnings handed out to to their "ways". The other bosses wanted them to be made an example of or this never gets blown out of proportion the way it did.

In a league that prides itself over parity, you can't let a bunch of film enthusiasts, allegedly, continue with shenanigans.

13. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I'm glad he's out for the Texan's game but it's just sad there's so much politics and bias in the US justice system.