1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Redskins @ Texans Prediction thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TexasStake, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

As a Skins fan, the only thing that really concerns me is JJ Watt and Clowney. The remedy however to an amazing pass rush is what Jay Gruden is known for and that is quick screen passes, being able to execute HB draws, and a LT by the name of Trent Williams slowing down Clowney.

I don't think it'll be an easy game, but I do believe the Skins offense will score more on the Texans D than the Texans offense will score on the Skins D. Skins win this one 24-13.

However I am very pessimistic about this game because 2-3 years ago we let Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana against us as he went for something crazy like 24-28 passing for 430 yards. He's not good but historically he's not bad at all against the Skins D.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not too worried about this game because I think RG3 is starting so we shouldn't have to worry about the Redskins scoring many points. I think if the Texans can manage to score 2 TD's they should get the W.

I look at this game as a good way to start the season against a weak opponent in a game that matters in order to prop up the confidence of our guys on offense and defense.

Looking further ahead, the Texans couldn't ask for a softer first 4 games to start the season. Should be 4-0 or 3-1

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Homering it up on the Texans board. Me likes.

I don't see a way that Washington can block JJ/Clowney.

4. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

It was definitely be interesting. All I know is Clowney has not faced talent like Trent Williams yet. Trent Williams only gave up 1 sack to Demarcus Ware out of 8 games. The key to Clowney is you have to put your hands on him, he can run by anyone so be sure to get that fool to the ground.

JJ Watt there is nothing you can do. Bring the TE in, a RB/FB in to chip him, and hope he doesn't bat the ball down.

I just think the Redskins D has improved and the Texans DBs are very weak. Out of the Redskins offense the least talented of them all is RGIII. Infact the Texans chances of winning may be greater not laying a finger on RGIII to keep him in the game instead of putting Cousins in lol

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

There will be an official thread where you can make these predictions. This isn't a fair place to predict due to the roster not being there already even if we know who the starters will be on both sides. :eek: Too early to call if you want to make this one a fair thread.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

RGIII is in for a long day. Wait, maybe a short day. I would hate to see him hurt. He is a fine young man, but it is football and only the strong survive. I am looking forward to seeing the Texan's pass rush which is going to be very difficult to game plan for. Also wondering if Foster still wants to play.

7. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Whats this mean exactly? Is that a figure of speech or are there really questions on if he'll play or not?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's not really questions as to if he'll play, but there are big questions as to how well he'll play. He's not really a "love of the game" type, he's like a talented, less crazy version of Royce White, he's got a lot of other interests outside of football that he sees as just as important, or more important than football.

9. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Yeah I heard about the Texans fans booing him when he has the ball. Kind of funny. My wife is a huge Texans fan but hates him with a passion. So bad to the point where she may be rooting for injury, especially to the tweedleberry area.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I'm hoping that he gets his act together, but if he doesn't have a productive, injury free season, he has 0 chance of staying with the team past this season.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Interesting... do you know Arian Foster personally?

1 person likes this.
  12. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Not sure what makes you say that. He always brought his game up another level in big games. Sure looks like he loved to play to me.

1 person likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We'll see how good Houston's secondary is once JoJo plays. The improved online and nice supply of rbs should allow our running game to be effective. Watt, Clowney, and Cushing should be devastating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.