1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Harden Era' Rockets Winrate vs. Other Teams (since 2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Jul 7, 2016.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The chart shows winrates since 2012, basically when Harden joined the Rockets (found on Reddit).

Sorted for convenience:

Bobcats 100%
    Knicks 89%
    76ers 78%
    Cavs 78%
    Kings 76%
    Hornets 73%
    Lakers 72%
    Twolves 72%
    Kings 72%
    Wizards 70%
    Magic 67%
    Jazz 67%
    Celtics 67%
    Bucks 67%
    Nets 67%
    Pelicans 67%
    Pistons 67%
    Suns 61%
    Raptors 60%
    Bulls 56%
    Blazers 54%
    Mavs 50%
    Thunder 46%
    Spurs 45%
    Grizzlies 45%
    Hawks 44%
    Heat 44%
    Pacers 44%
    Nuggets 39%
    Clippers 36%
    Warriors 33%

Any trends stand out?

Two thoughts from me:

- Rockets are a middling, inconsistent team that tends not to beat bad teams enough yet beat good teams often enough (which was also stated in another GARM thread a while back). This shows a lack of consistency, either through system, discipline, or whatnot. But it also shows the Rockets have talent to win.
    - Rockets seem to perform poorly versus teams with an interior presence. That's half of the 3 & drives gameplan and also impacts the rebounding rate of high volume 3pt shooting.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Every loss to the Nuggets these last four years has been infuriating.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I knew the Rockets have sucked against the Nuggets recently but holy cow, they beat us more than the Spurs, Thunder or Heat.

Also standing out to me: the Spurs' complete four-year sweeps of five separate teams. That ability to get the job done consistently against lottery teams (and, for some reason, the Hawks) makes them the anti-Rockets.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Less than 50% win rate for all top Western Conference teams is worrisome.

5. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

I feel like we always stomp the thunder regular season

6. bmd

bmd Member

Why is that worrisome? The Rockets were only a "good" team for 2 out of the 4 years Harden has been here.

The other 2 years they were fighting for a playoff spot.

If the Rockets were as good as they were in 2015 all 4 years, then I would agree with you. However, that hasn't been the case.

I actually find it impressive. They have winning records against all of the teams they should beat, then they have virtual splits with most of the good teams in the league.

And then literally a few teams have the Rockets number. (Nuggets, Clippers, and Warriors). The Nuggets are an anomaly, but the Clippers and Warriors play the same style as the Rockets, but they've just been better at it.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

What's astonishing is that the Bobcats own the Warriors but pretty much suck against everyone else.