1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon's injury history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 3, 2016.

1. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Good write up. Thanks.

It made me feel a little bit better about his history at least. Yeah. A little.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The thing about injuries..is that because the body works in kinetic chains and not isolation, when something is off, it'll throw other things off, as well.

So a knee/hip/ankle issue could affect the shoulder as well..

So with injuries to both knees and a torn labrum, that points to bad movement..similar to Dwight.

The good thing is there are no back issues..always good.

From looking at his social media..he takes his training seriously and his movement looks decent, although there is still room for improvement...im not sure if hes changed anything or when he started training, etc...my guess is he did change something post knee issues bc he knew the importance of training correctly, so im optimistic..although id like to see more of his training because im not seeing any transverse plane training (one of the body planes of movement).

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

gotta give gordan the shaun livingston treatment.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

BETTERRRRRRRRRRRRR

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Solid points.

I always thought Gordon was a little pudgier than he should have been in his earlier years. He's a dynamic type of player and if your overweight, that's not a good combination for a player constantly moving. It could very well be that he has learned to take better care of his body and optimize it for his playing style.

I'm excited because I really thought Gordon would be the best 2 guard in the league one day earlier in his career before the injuries. If he can regain some form, he can still be a very good secondary scorer at least.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

Not that bad?

2 knee surgeries. Torn labrum. Coming off repeat injuries to his shooting hand including a fracture.

These are horrible and occurring yearly. He is injury prone. An injury at one place leads to overcompensation and further injuries elsewhere. Let's just hope he turns the corner here...

7. malakas

malakas Member

So now two knee surgeries and a torn labrum is nothing much? LMAO

This is hillarious.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Didn't read. All I had to know was 4yrs/53mil for someone who has only played 65 games..........in 7 seasons??!!! Are they crazy??!!

9. apatel123

apatel123 Member

Gordon is type of player that can have wet jumper with range, in a perfect world, He is our Jamal crawford. Instant scoring off the bench. Just another component. We really need a shot blocker at center. Why not bogut?

10. hvic

hvic Member

I wonder who will play more games this year gordan or parsons. Let's roll the dice on this one Murray

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

At least he'll look good in his suits the next four years. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

All I can say is Gordon is extremely blessed. All these injuries and he still got broke off big time by the Rockets.

Count your blessings young fella. Count your blessings

13. nemac

nemac Member

He also face planted on the court and broke his tooth at some point, and missed some time with back spasms after the shoulder injury.

[​IMG]

14. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

2008-09 Season (78 out of 82 games)
    February 2009 (4 games) – Bruised left shoulder
    2009-10 Season (62 out of 82 games)
    November 2009 (8 games) – Strained groin
    December 2009 (1 game) – Precautionary (hamstring tightness)
    January 2010 (3 games) – Sprained left big toe
    March 2010 (5 games) – Groin injury
    April 2010 (3 games) – Viral infection (final 3 games of the season; Clippers tanking?)

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a lot of these maladies other nba players just regularly play through

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree with what you say about one injury effecting another. But in the case of the Left Knee, torn labrum and finger injuries; those were all collision injuries and not something that happened over time while his body compensated for another injury. Hopefully he has trained and his body is stronger and more able to withstand the physicality of the NBA then it was 3 or 4 years ago.

The right knee scope could very well be due to the body compensating for the left knee injury. The time frame fits and it makes since. Having said that, all indications are that the knee issues are behind him. Of course I'm not a doctor or a physical therapist so take what I say with a grain or salt.

17. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

tendinitis
    tendinitis
    tendinitis
    tendinitis

it's going to be a problem

Did you consider the reason you don't see any lingering effects is because he hasn't played enough games for it to begin flaring up again?

It's is going to happen...and a lot sooner in a running system like Pringles

18. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

This thread does not instill confidence :(

That seems like a poor history with good chance of some issue flaring up again.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah that makes sense..I didnt know how they happended..but if they're mostly contact, then that's definitely better..it.would lkely mean less compensation to undo.

I watched some.highlights from earlier this year and he certainly still seems to have that extra gear Sampson talked about.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Knee Knee Knee...not good.

When players have Knee or back issues that's never something you can just shrug off unfortunately. That's where all your support comes from, your knees and your back...