1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-MO future all star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Specnaz, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Specnaz

Specnaz Member

[youtube]pUUJC5EcsQE[/youtube]

With his work attitude and his skill set he will be in time just remember when everyone was saying his 3's sucked the guy started shooting 200 shots every practice to get better just wow this guy is something else he will be great.

1 person likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

are you bballholic's agent??

3. thejav

thejav Member

did he die?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That was a nice video. D-mo only has to figure out how hold position and seal his man off to be an all-star. Once he gets deep position, he is pretty much automatic.

5. jruthlaz

jruthlaz Member

awesome video, excited to see this team make a run.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

D-Mo, we know you were very good last year, but stopped it. This is just embarrassing, man. :grin:

7. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Great video. He showed flashes of his improvement on defense last season so I can't wait to see his strides continue.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice sentence.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

You can really see the influence that Hakeem has been for him.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Loved those Dream flashbacks. If DMo can stay healthy he will take us to the next level.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Next year is D-Mo's age 25 season. If you guys are really expecting him to be THAT good, this is the make-or-break year for him.

He's no longer a young player. He's entering his prime. If NBA history is any guide, we'll know his ceiling by the end of the year; any subsequent improvements will be incremental.

12. basketballholic

Agree with this 100%. Even though he had somewhat of a breakout last season, this upcoming season is what will define him. He'll either make another major step forward...which will place him in future All-Star in waiting class. Or he could level off right here and be a middle-of-the-road big with post scoring ability and decent but not great outside shooting to go along with average to good defense.

For DMo to become great he's got to raise his corner 3 jumper to 40+% on decent volume and raise his above the break 3-ball to 36% or so, raise his FT shooting to close to 80%, and take another step up defensively.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Need his spine to be an all-star first. Let the man heal.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

While I am sure Hakeem has helped him progress further, those moves were in his arsenal before he got to the NBA. His idol growing up was Luis Scola. He said he used to go home and practice his footwork each time he saw Scola play because he would always bring out a new move.

1 person likes this.
  15. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Well let's not put the horse before the cart. He needs a 100% recovery first, but those dream shake gave me chills.

16. straight forwar

Knowing Lithuanian players overall - the peak comes not sooner than 27-28. Not saying that next year will not define better his upside (which I think it's still unknown for D-Mo himself), but I still see D-Mo as a long term project. He's skilled 7 footer, not that much reliable on physical attributes. I wouldn't be surprised if he'll have his best seasons being 32 or 33 years old, like Dirk (Championship year). He just can perfect his post moves, outside shot, passing and become much more smarter and crafty.

1 person likes this.
  17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Way too early, I think he has the talent to one day have a chance to make 1 all-star game with a coach vote in but he isn't even close to being a serious chance at it.

He needs to follow up on last year first.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im not knocking off all star, but he's vastly underrated here on cf. keep saying he's not a center but played most of is time at center last season. just wait till he can stay at pf for a season
    http://www.82games.com/1415/14HOU19.HTM#bypos

1 person likes this.
  19. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

i hope he starts for us man. it makes more sense and let me tell you why.

1. our bench is gonna be athletic and they can run and gun all day with high energy players (esp cuz they wont have to play as minutes as the starters) with kj, brewer, tjones and capela good god we'd be the one of, if not the most athletic/quickest bench in the nba.
    2. i think ty lawson should start but he should be playing most of his minutes with the bench players with his ability to push the pace and our reserves with ty lawson would be so damn quick in transition.
    3. when dmo is playing with the starters, i think he gives dwight more room to work with than tjones and he can be in the post when needed.

just my opinion. i cant wait till nba season starts!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He probably won't be here in Houston, he is a good role player, but if he were on another team that focused more on using him in the post, he would have an outside shot at it.

Probably a max 15-7 guy here due to Harden and others dominating the ball....

DD