1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So... Any more significant moves coming up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. omgTHEpotential

What say you? Is this more or less the roster (apart from the 10th-15th guy) we're going with this upcoming season?

Do you think we should make a trade involving DMo/TJ? Do you think we will?

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think we should hold firm with what we have. We can re-assess closer to the trade deadline but right now I think we have a championship contender...even with Jones/D-Mo as our PF options

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think you won't see another significant move till December or February kind of like last season.

I do expect Jones to get moved at some point especially if Harrell or Dekker show they can hold down the backup spot competently

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dmo is 3rd or 4th best player on the team. The weakness is probably the backup PF position. Rockets will give Tjones another chance to work on his J.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We're good... Morey should be on vacation.

6. hvic

hvic Member

Morey is never on vacation.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Stay put until the AS break, then Morey will either trade D-Mo or Jones + fillers for a PF. This is their contract year, and I do not think Morey will want to pay $10M+ a year for either one of them. If I am correct, he will make the trade to improve the team and reduce the risk of losing either one in the next crazy offseason. Somebody will make them very rich.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Morey's vacation consists of scouting international players

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

There's no way there can be a major move until at least December, when all of the newly signed free agents become available and when teams start to realize that pieces aren't working the way they thought.

Every team goes into the season thinking they've done a good job constructing the roster, so no one is ready to make a move. By December, we'll start to really see the winners and losers of the offseason; and teams will start to make big moves again.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol yes he is. He's just like some of us though always thinking about basketball.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is no more international ball.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I like the fact that Morey doesn't overpay for lesser talent. Chandler, W Matthews, D. Carroll. No way he gives them that type of money... Pat and Brewer getting less than 1/2 of what they are making and are basically the same player.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I doubt Dekker or Harrell can register anything to impact Jones' career in their rookie years. But, I do expect Jones will get traded before the season or at midseason. They both will get interest in free agency, so we'll probably pick one as our guy and that looks like it's going to be Motie. Jones' value would probably net more benefit by having more healthy games to remind people of his value (people seem to quickly forget with him). But, it'll probably be more valuable to the counterparty if they get this whole year out of him on his rookie contract. I will not be surprised to see Jones traded for a lotto-protected first before the season opens. I'd like to keep him and Motie, but I just don't think that'll happen.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even Dallas?

:p

15. Play07

Play07 Member

Not saying neither is better but it's crazy yall spread this knowing DMO has never started over a (FULLY HEATLY) jones playing with Howard.

16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

just need to sign Terry and Hayes
    with no more big name on the market
    you are looking at the final roster

C - Howard, Capela, Hayes
    PF - Jones, Motiejunas, Harrell
    SF - Ariza, Brewer, Dekker
    SG - Harden, Thornton, McDaniels
    PG - Lawson, Beverley, Terry

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

No! Cause Murley is too stupid and lazy to make a deal. He got LUCKY with Harden, and Howard, and Smith, and Lawson, and Brewer. And he couldn't even hold onto the SMITH!

gawww!

:grin:

18. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Just need to get the remaining guys signed officially. There always seems to be a move during the season but I really don't see a significant one happening unless a legit PF (like Josh Smith) becomes available.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I see what you did there... :p

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

This is it.

As for trading Jones($2.4M) or Motiejunas($2.2), their salaries are so small. You're probably gonna have to attach a Beverley($6.4M), Brewer($8.2) or Ariza($8.1).