1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] 5 Thoughts After Witnessing Hakeem The Dream Play Once Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Good stuff as always.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You said "masters every post move in the book." I think you meant to add that he wrote the book on a lot of his moves.

And Nicola, if you challenge that shot more, then the counter moves come, and you lose your jock strap like Robinson did. Best to just let Hakeem hit that 13er over and over again, until Chris Paul comes to help with his flopping.

seriously though, he was dancing with his feet. Obviously slower than active Hakeem, but still dancing with his feet.

4. Chamillionaire

So nostalgic. He never should have gone to TOR. He should've played his ENTIRE career here.

1 person likes this.
  5. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, Dreams OK, but he's no Jeremy Lin. :p

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

I was watching it live. Was really awesome to see.

7. heypartner

I can still hear the Utah and SAS announcers cry..."He's traveling...that's a travel."

btw: MJ says he can beat any of his players at one-on-one, let's see you try Hakeem right now MJ!!

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best post in this thread. Thanks. Seeing him in the Houston Rockets Championship uniform in an NBA game, brought some closure for me.

Hakeem is the best!

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Wow, what an awesome uniform Hakeem is wearing!

1 person likes this.
  10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with this right, here.

1. He's the most skilled/talented NBA center ever.
    2. He could be 2nd-3rd string center in limited minutes and games on a team, right now. Hell, if you ask me, he looks more lively than Tim Duncan is right now.
    3. The center position has gotten so much more, lackluster nowadays. To consider, the competition of Olajuwon.
    4. I see why other players would pay thousands or near millions to train with Olajuwon.
    5. Considering with all things known as they are now, I bet most GM would still take Olajuwon, first in the same draft with Michael Jordan.

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootba...the-jordan-myth-surrounding-one-rocket-title/

Note: I want some of the Pippen defenders to read this article, right here.
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-01-23/sports/9501230120_1_hakeem-olajuwon-bulls-nba-title

https://lockerdome.com/hakeemolajuwon/5764250078556995

11. NotChandlerParsons

That never happened. It's all Carl Herrera photoshops.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Hakeem was never a Raptor. The Dream. never. left. Houston!

And the point about DM the GM failing to sign Hakeem 'Ever the Dream' Olajuwon over Joey D and the nonStar - lighters was spot on!

Thanks for the post, Clutch.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You were in Africa?!

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not trying to be a pain in the @ss, but 20-something Akeem didn't have the 18 foot jumper. I want to say it was 90-91 that he just showed up for camp and he could suddenly shoot face up jumpers. If not that year, it was right around then. But he was definately Hakeem by then.

Memories of the early years are compromised by memories of later years, but early Akeem was often a turnover machine with no range beyond the limits dreamshake. IMO it cheapens his accomplishments to not admit how hard he worked, and how much better he got over the years.

#14 Ottomaton, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  15. heypartner

Please don't say what DaDakota always tried to tell us was that Akeem was raw in his first two season and could only dunk and block shots.

Not sure about 18' out, but in Akeem's SECOND SEASON, 1986 playoffs, he was hitting 15' baseline, turnaround Js to destroy the defending champion, Magic Lakers in 4 games in a row. That was well before Ewing learned to hit that turnaround from that distance. Dude would have averaged 35ppg in the last four games had Kupchak not got in a fit with him to get him thrown from the game at the beginning of the 4th Q, leading to Ralphs legendary buzzer beater.
    Also, I wouldn't say he had the Dreamshake in the '80s. That came in the '90s, no?

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

7. Luol ****ing Deng is a ****ing idiot. In the replay, he clearly gives up on getting the spot-up three. Hakeem has x-ray vision that doesn't stop working even when he's spinning at 1000 rpm, idiot. There may never be a next time, but if there is, do what Robert Horry would have done, what Elie would have done: Get anywhere on the 3 point line and hold your God **** hands up. The great one MIGHT need your assistance. Show some respect.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Never forget.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jH-uHgdzpXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

7. Once again #34 and #23 are in total control of a game...:eek:

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Very nice of Nikola to give Hakeem a patronizing high five after the move.

LOL @ Mutombo celebrating the Hakeem move.

I would have high fived my TV had Mutombo done this after that Hakeem shot....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

I'm wondering how we can get Giannis Antetokounmpo on this team. Wow, what a talent that kid is! :eek: