1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon is playing in a game right now on ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's an all-star game. Everyone was having fun. Not sure how you found it patronizing dude. But srsly, if one had to bet what Vucevic intended it to mean, i bet it was a high five just because he wanted to give Dream props for making the shot over him. Everyone was having fun, Vucevic isn't an a-hole.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if you watched the game, i think she mentioned alphabet being so long and having the potential to be 'special' literally 14 times :rolleyes:

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Nice to be a 52 years old in decent shape plus 200 million $ in your account with all fame and respect, well deserved Hakeem

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

"That's one of the most memorable experiences ever," said Chris Paul, one of the team captains. "I told Dream, if he's still moving like that at his age now, I couldn't imagine him in his day."

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Doris Burke does GREAT at interviews. As a commentator she is a little (or a lot) out of her league. She has very little personality, zero humor (and when she does attempt humor it comes off all wrong), has zero NBA experience, and her comments and analysis are rudimentary at best. Also her voice is rough sounding, and kind of unnatural. ESPN is trying to diversify, that's where its at. She's bearable; could be worse.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss Bill Walton, 1000x better than Doris

8. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Dreams still got the touch! Also... I would definitely not mind if Rockets changed their uni's to that or at least something similar. We have one of the worst uni designs in the league imo.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

NO LAYUPS

10. tinman

Supporting Member

it's not the speed. it's the footwork, the skill, the smoothness.

you don't need to go derick rose to fake someone out.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

this post. is true.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They should have just cleared the court and let them go one on one.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Somewhere around half-time, talking about Mutombo and Olajuwon she said "Bol looked like he was running out of oxygen out there" (paraphrasing). Fail.

14. rockets13champs

Looking at rockets jersey makes me want the rockets to go back
    To thise unis

15. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I realize it was a pick up game for fun and Vucevic's intentions weren't to be an ******* but it seemed like a charity high-five, like one you give to a little kid or someone with a disability when they score on you. Dream might be old but he can still hold his own. Do you think a 50 year old Jordan would want a pat on the back from the person he just schooled?

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think you're reading WAYYYY too much into it. I doubt Dream, Vucevic and any other player took offense to it. It seemed like a charity high five but could've just been a "Good Job, i didn't realize you still have it but you performed one of your dope moves on me like the HOFer you are" high five.'
    Also, Hakeem isn't Jordan. Jordan may not want a pat on the back from someone he schooled but Hakeem doesn't always think like Jordan and it was in an All-Star game setting for something Hakeem cares about deeply. I'm sure he wasn't offended.

#96 ferrari77, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We should have signed Dream instead of Chuck.... Probably is more useful

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I have to admit that my eyes got a little teary eyed watching dream do a spin move in a game. Damn that took me all the way back to my childhood days.

<3Dream<3

19. malakas

malakas Member

It was awesome!
    Interesting to read that he didn't want to play and was convinced at the last minute so his kids could watch him.

20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Dream signed a 3yr deal with Toronto and didn't even make it to the all star break before he broke down and had to retire. I love Dream but no we shouldn't have signed him then and thats one of the few smart decisions CD made as GM.