1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Your Favorite NBA Podcasts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jul 23, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Blasphemous, but I'll give a plug to David Locke's Locked on Jazz podcast. He's the Jazz radio guy and insider, but he is a very good listen and does a good job of covering general NBA topics.

Also, Dan Le Batard is good, but only if I know the topic before hand. Same goes for Jalen and Jacoby

My final ranking:
    1. Lowe Post (Zach Lowe)
    2 (tie). Dunc'd On (Nate Duncan)
    2 (tie). The Drop - Weekly, not the daily show (The Starters)
    4. Eye On Basketball (Matt Moore)
    5. Believe the Hype
    6. Locked on Jazz (David Locke)

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

BS Report/Bill Don't Lie, Lowe Post, Dunc'd On, Jalen&Jacoby, Starters, First Take (on occasion - Skip and SAS are good at their shtick and it's enjoyable as long as you don't take it seriously), PTI (Wilbon has some obvious biases but they're tolerable)

All time worst was the one by Sekou Smith. Another bad one is NBA Lockdown - those guys suck so bad.

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Yeah that's what I was referring to and what really ticked me off. I told him to quit nutriding the Warriors on twitter after he tweeted something about them and he blocked me lol.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. The production could be better. But i try not to focus on that too much since the minutia they go into on NBA is pretty good. The opening music cracks me up every time, god bless'em.

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I hate the CBS eye on basketball pod.

I love Jalen and jacoby, the drop pod from the starters is good, Lowe post is decent - loved the Jared Dudley episode he is a refreshingly honest guy.

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I'm about to check out Dunc'd. Thanks for the heads up. I've seen it listed for years but never felt like giving it a chance until now.

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I tried giving NBA After Dark a chance but it is absolutely terrible. They're so annoying, goofy, and not at all funny. They had Brewer on their once but as soon as he was off the air they continued talking crap about the Rockets.

8. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Jalen and Jacoby Pop The Trunk.

9. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

btw, Jared Dudley on Lowe Post when talking the Rockets:

"They were plagued by injuries. Jones, Dwight, MontenCHUnis." LOL

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Tried NBA After Dark but couldn't make it through. It's terrible. Especially Litman.

I'm a late arrival to The Lowe Post but it's actually pretty good. I was surprised, I didn't think Zach Lowe would be any good outside of written work but he does a great job hosting his own podcast.

11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Jalen and Jacoby's

12. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Zach Lowe is basically an NBA scout/assistant coach whose disguised as a journalist.

His basketball mind is too good to be writing, I actually can't even read his articles sometimes, its just way too advanced for what I like about the NBA. Breaking down game film frame by frame is not something that interests me. But I respect the hell out of him and do enjoy his podcasts (which have become much better since Bill Simmons left).

1 person likes this.
  13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

THIS!!!!

Dude, it's like you were reading my mind. I was just thinking about this today while listening to his podcast.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Can we revisit this? I'm really struggling to find a podcast I enjoy right now. Woj's podcast isn't bad, but it's typically a lot more like an interview of an individual than a conversation about the NBA. The Starters seems to be defunct. Obviously the BS Report has been dead for a while. And I've lost interest in Jalen and Jacoby because they talk a lot of football these days and I have zero interest in football.

15. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Here is my current feed.

CBS Sports Eye On Basketball (not as good anymore in my opinion since Zach Harper left CBS, but sometimes worth a listen)
    Full Court Report (seems to be gone, but I still subscribe just in case, hasn't updated since the finals though)
    ClutchFans
    Over And Back Classic NBA Podcast (revisits various random topics of basketball throughout the years)
    The Bill Simmons Podcast (not sure if you knew that he is back as a pocaster for the last year or so after leaving ESPN)
    The Lowe Post (already been discussed quite a bit, fantastic listen)
    The Ringer NBA Show (Bill Simmons podcast network, typically hosted by Chris Vernon)
    The Starters
    The Vertical Podcast with Chris Mannix
    The Vertical Podcast with JJ Redick
    The Vertical Postcast with Woj (all three Vertical Podcasts are more interview based like you said, but I still highly recommend the JJ Redick one no matter what your opinion is of him).

I also subscribe to Pardon My Take. It does have a lot of football talk, but it's pretty damn hilarious of a pod, a couple NFL pods that I won't bother you with, and three Harry Potter pods because I'm a damn HP nerd.

malakas and Williamson like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Summit Media Network with The Golden Greek and Bill "Not a Homer" Simpson